IAMROK

I have recently purchased a 2011 Amarok with canopy front bullbar and heavy duty leaf springs. I noticed when taking off from a stand still if I release the clutch to quickly there is a clunk from the leaf spring movement as I think there is not enough load in tub. I have researched and concluded I may need to install leaf spring clamps just in front of rear diff to reduce springs flaring, I'm posting to see if anyone has had this issue and how they sorted the issue and what the best way to fix it? The diff had alot of backlash and has been rebuilt but still need to rectify the leaf spring issue.......

IAMROK

No only happens when under load in first and then released quickly and between 1st and 2nd gear. I'm pretty sure I have it pin pointed down to it having heavy duty springs and not enough weight in tub

deno_56

Yeah right, mine makes a slight knock under breaking and acceleration. Im putting it down to something in the tub (I hope thats what it is anyway..)

IAMROK

I've had everything checked now and mine seems to be springs so just have to wait until I have canopy back on and draws in with abit of weight to see. I will update you.
A slight knock could be rear bushes mate?