Oztrail 80L dual zone fridge/freezer & XTM 75L dual zone

Phoebe`

nice, I'm an LG fan. I have home fridge, tv surround sound all LG and I can't fault them. Thanks for that info. I'll definitely be getting one now..Sorry your trip had to get cancelled and the whole Covid thing is giving you such a hard time..

TimNWVic

I have had a Waeco CF50 for about 15 years too, runs well, doesn't use a lot of power (I get about 4-5 days from a 135aH AGM, only running down to 50% - monitored with a Victron BMV712).

It did have a problem when it froze (it was my beer fridge at home at the time, I was away overseas). Took it into the local Waeco/Engel repair guy, he said "yeah put it out the back in the Waeco graveyard", and he and his mate laughed. I put it out the back with 2 other Waecos... and about 8 Engels.

Gus65

Just bought one of these and keen to test it out next week.
Mine also plummeted when tested empty, set the fridge side to 2 degrees and it shot down to mins 10.
Young bloke is an apprentice refridgeration mechanic and he convinced me to go with the LG. Good reputation, easy to get parts for and usually plug and play.
Time will tell.
Did buy it before I ordered my Drifta drawers only to find out there isn’t a drop down slide big enough to take it. Meant I had to go for single drawer and fridge box set up but that will stop me loading to much crap into the drawers.

Triton14

Just bought one of these and keen to test it out next week.
Mine also plummeted when tested empty, set the fridge side to 2 degrees and it shot down to mins 10.
Young bloke is an apprentice refridgeration mechanic and he convinced me to go with the LG. Good reputation, easy to get parts for and usually plug and play.
Time will tell.
Did buy it before I ordered my Drifta drawers only to find out there isn’t a drop down slide big enough to take it. Meant I had to go for single drawer and fridge box set up but that will stop me loading to much crap into the drawers.
Yes it certainly is a rather large unit but I've opted not to do draws in my Triton as they are to heavy & imo reduce how I like to pack for my trip but each to their own.

She certainly does drop quick empty as you would expect I guess, the first time I turned on mine I just think I set one side to 4*c & it came down to -7 & the other side I set to about -10 & it dropped to -22 after 10 minutes :oops:

Temp.jpg

zutta

Mate I just bought the 45lt. I know it's smaller but tested in garage at 2deg with half full of beer for 24hrs and only drawn 18a/h . 20 - 25 and temp.
Ive had a evakool 63l for last 4 years
And it's thirsty. Same test would use around 36ah over 24 hrs.
Last week with a hot day the evakool chewed 60ah at 2 deg. Over 24hrs Car wasnt ventilated well but still very high
Early days but looking promising for the oztrail fridges. Well made. .
Only negative so far is tie down points are on transit bag . I'd prefer to use handles.

Swaggie

Mate I just bought the 45lt. I know it's smaller but tested in garage at 2deg with half full of beer for 24hrs and only drawn 18a/h . 20 - 25 and temp.
Last week with a hot day the evakool chewed 60ah at 2 deg. Over 24hrs Car wasnt ventilated well but still very high
Only negative so far is tie down points are on transit bag . I'd prefer to use handles.

Hi mate
Just out of curiosity what model is the Evakool ....

Gus65

Not sure what the power consumption was for the 4 days I used it but it stayed cold and didn’t miss a beat. With the solar panel plugged in it never really dropped below 13.2V And every time I got another beer it was 13.5.
Tying it down wasn’t a problem with the 80ltr, handles poke through the transit bag.
Impressed so far, need to do more testing but pretty happy.

megahertz

Anaconda currently have these on sale again and the 45lt fridge is $449. Seriously considering getting one at this price.
How are your Oztrail fridges running now? Still like them?

Albynsw

Anaconda currently have these on sale again and the 45lt fridge is $449. Seriously considering getting one at this price.
How are your Oztrail fridges running now? Still like them?
Sons mate bought one last week but took it back as it was too big for where he wanted to put it, looks good though

Triton14

Sons mate bought one last week but took it back as it was too big for where he wanted to put it, looks good though

They have the 125ltr version on sale for $1000 from $1700.

Forget about just the brisket you could fit the whole cow in that thing :oops: :D

Still have really utilised mine yet, might get away for a fishing trip over xmas/new year.

Ger08

We picked up an 80l Oz Trail about a month ago and with limited use, it seems to be a well made fridge. I haven’t had the chance to test power draw but I’m not expecting it to be huge and the LG compress is pretty damn quiet

G_ute

I bought a 45L Oztrail and so far so good.
Only minor complaint is poor visibility of the screen in daylight, not helped by the transit bag.
Time will tell how well it will last on the ute tray, exposed to the weather.

Triton14

Could be worse I bought the 80 litre and can't fit it so now I'm trying to get rid of it.

I got the measuring tape out & measured the tray interior to check if it would fit to their specs & then forgot about the cover :rolleyes:

Still I got lucky & with the cover the 80ltr fits perfectly between the rear wheel arch & the rear door & the top just sits snuggly inside the canopy.

If it was to sit on a slide it would have to sit more towards the middle of the tray to be able to slide out so would make packing the back a bit trickier.
I never intended to use a slide anyway.

But yeh its a big unit!

CaptainBanana

I got the measuring tape out & measured the tray interior to check if it would fit to their specs & then forgot about the cover :rolleyes:

Still I got lucky & with the cover the 80ltr fits perfectly between the rear wheel arch & the rear door & the top just sits snuggly inside the canopy.

If it was to sit on a slide it would have to sit more towards the middle of the tray to be able to slide out so would make packing the back a bit trickier.
I never intended to use a slide anyway.

But yeh its a big unit!

I measured the slide and built an enclosure for the slide but when I measured the fridge I actually use the slides external measurements not the trays internal measurements oops

Longjake80two

I like the look of this fridge, and the price is really tempting. Been doing some google fu and It looks like a rebadged version of this: https://www.roadtechmarine.com.au/8...ne-fridge-freezer-with-lg-compressor/p/GH1646
I hope these dramas with LG household fridges doesn't apply to their 12v compressors though; curious to hear what others reckon:
https://www.facebook.com/LgRefrigerators/
Personally that 'LG' badge is the only thing making me hesitant to pull the trigger on one coz from what I've seen it otherwise looks to be a really good value for money fridge?