Oztrail 80L dual zone fridge/freezer & XTM 75L dual zone

Phoebe`

nice, I'm an LG fan. I have home fridge, tv surround sound all LG and I can't fault them. Thanks for that info. I'll definitely be getting one now..Sorry your trip had to get cancelled and the whole Covid thing is giving you such a hard time..

TimNWVic

I have had a Waeco CF50 for about 15 years too, runs well, doesn't use a lot of power (I get about 4-5 days from a 135aH AGM, only running down to 50% - monitored with a Victron BMV712).

It did have a problem when it froze (it was my beer fridge at home at the time, I was away overseas). Took it into the local Waeco/Engel repair guy, he said "yeah put it out the back in the Waeco graveyard", and he and his mate laughed. I put it out the back with 2 other Waecos... and about 8 Engels.

Gus65

Just bought one of these and keen to test it out next week.
Mine also plummeted when tested empty, set the fridge side to 2 degrees and it shot down to mins 10.
Young bloke is an apprentice refridgeration mechanic and he convinced me to go with the LG. Good reputation, easy to get parts for and usually plug and play.
Time will tell.
Did buy it before I ordered my Drifta drawers only to find out there isn’t a drop down slide big enough to take it. Meant I had to go for single drawer and fridge box set up but that will stop me loading to much crap into the drawers.

Triton14

Just bought one of these and keen to test it out next week.
Mine also plummeted when tested empty, set the fridge side to 2 degrees and it shot down to mins 10.
Young bloke is an apprentice refridgeration mechanic and he convinced me to go with the LG. Good reputation, easy to get parts for and usually plug and play.
Time will tell.
Did buy it before I ordered my Drifta drawers only to find out there isn’t a drop down slide big enough to take it. Meant I had to go for single drawer and fridge box set up but that will stop me loading to much crap into the drawers.
Yes it certainly is a rather large unit but I've opted not to do draws in my Triton as they are to heavy & imo reduce how I like to pack for my trip but each to their own.

She certainly does drop quick empty as you would expect I guess, the first time I turned on mine I just think I set one side to 4*c & it came down to -7 & the other side I set to about -10 & it dropped to -22 after 10 minutes :oops:

Temp.jpg