What questions do you have about the Canning Stock Route?

Patriot

Administrator
We are doing our first podcast for 2018. (Yay!) Next week with Phil Bianchi on the Canning Stock Route.
This is one of the iconic 4WD tracks in Australia and Phil is the expert on the CSR. What questions do you have for him?
James

canning.jpg

time

When is the grader going through?
Did it in 2008, North to South from Well 33, and would have to be worst 900 kms of corrugations in the country.................. that track is in desperate need of grading ........ and yes I know it will never happen!

dno67

What essential advice would he recommend for the first time traveler
on the CSR ?

Reactions: phs

rob_macca67

• Is Calvert Hills ever going to be accessible to the public again ?
  • With the increase of the number of vehicles & Trailers left scattered along the length of the CSR - do u think this will eventually effect the public access to the CSR?

phs

Great selection of questions guys, hoping to get down there next year the more info the better

look forward to hearing the pod cast.

Hoyks

They have re-built some of the wells, are there plans to re-build/dig any more?

How much of a logistical nightmare was it to get all the permits and permissions to get a crew and all the gear in there to dig a hole in sand?

billolga

4x4 Earth Contributer
How long to allow for a comfortable trip ?
Best month of year to do it ?
To see nothing 10 days from top to bottom.
When I did it we took 21 days & did every well & that included the Calvert Hills which you can't do now.
Do it mate!
(I will leave it to the podcast to fill you in)

80lover96gxl

To see nothing 10 days from top to bottom.
When I did it we took 21 days & did every well & that included the Calvert Hills which you can't do now.
Do it mate!
(I will leave it to the podcast to fill you in)
Cheers Bill, its on the list for 2020 mate so gives me abit of time to research still.

mikehzz

2019 is a big coastal run beaches and dune tracks, including the OTL across to WA taking in Bilbaniya dunes and over to Esperance, then returning via the Ann Beadell hwy.
Never been west before so looking forward to that.
This year is Cape York in august for 8 weeks;).

Cut it out, I'm sitting here crying now. :( :( If I could get an 8 week August I'd do all that to. :)

Tink

That is also my plan at this stage. Halls Creek late July then south. Will let you know a more exact date as my plans progress.
Tink

Reactions: one