The Diesel Armageddon has started

mikehzz

I was under the impression that suicide by car fumes caused death through asphyxiation but a bit of googling and I've learnt that they die from CO2 poisoning so all previous comments by me are retracted. Carry on:oops:
Sorry mate, it's CO poisoning, (carbon monoxide), not CO2 ( carbon dioxide). :)

tmc93

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/toyota--petrol-engines-to-stick-around-beyond-2050-116103.html

Headline is slightly deceiving. I realise this is based mainly for petrol but I think there will be a future for cleaner diesels or hybrid diesels. While I love my 1kz-te hilux and want a V8 troopy, I wouldn't mind a hybrid solution if they can provide the same reliability as the old simple engines. Something like the Bollinger B1, if they can improve the range I'd be all over it, love the simplicity.

boobook

Ahh Finally the Diesel haters have moved on from DPF's, to the new flavour of the month for reliability speculation Adblue. The ol' DPF's are unreliable argument is starting to look too thin. We need to focus on the new speculative topic.

Just remember the big vote cut off date of November 7th .

Don't listen to the vocal minority haters. Stand up for the majority's rights. Have your say.

It's ok to vote Diesel.

2002GU3

more people die from - drugs - alcohol - smoking - car crashes - cancer - old age - war - stupidity etc. etc. than die from diesel fumes, why aren't all these things being demonised by the powers that be and the doomsday do gooders ? ever sat behind an unleaded car at a red light, or on a highway for that matter ? they smell heaps worse than any diesel I've ever sat behind, but hey the government says that diesels are bad, so it must be true because politicians don't tell lies ! my personal opinion is that the most dangerous fumes are the methane gas fumes coming from all the bullshit we're told.

Spooner

Unknown-4.jpeg

loose cannon

more people die from - drugs - alcohol - smoking - car crashes - cancer - old age - war - stupidity etc. etc. than die from diesel fumes, why aren't all these things being demonised by the powers that be and the doomsday do gooders ? ever sat behind an unleaded car at a red light, or on a highway for that matter ? they smell heaps worse than any diesel I've ever sat behind, but hey the government says that diesels are bad, so it must be true because politicians don't tell lies ! my personal opinion is that the most dangerous fumes are the methane gas fumes coming from all the bullshit we're told.

The particles coming out of the exhaust are carcinogenic and that info comes from science, not politics. If you have evidence that suggests otherwise I'm all ears as the science is, in reality, solid, well established and irrefutable. If the criteria you're using is smell, and it appears you are, that's about as unscientific as one can be. Diesel is better than petrol because it smells better? Now you're sounding like a pollie do gooder:D
And I've heard plenty of demonising of the other things you mention and have been for decades.

discomatt

I have always hated following oil burners in convoy out bush, best way to ruin a good day wheeling in the bush is smelling diesel fumes all day, they bloody stink and some are worse than others, all I want to do is enjoy the drive and scenery and listen to the beautiful sound of a V8 Having said that, I love the new twin turbo V6 in the D4, awesome power and torque that make the old V8 feel totally gutless and that is no standard slouch either but the fact I can drive over 1500km without needing fuel is brilliant

mikehzz

You would think that modern science would just find a way for us to piddle in the adblue tank in an emergency....

cam04

Yer, l think the hole thing is just a pi$$ take.
It's only urea, fertilizer.
You should probably google up selective catalytic reduction before your next post.
It is the only thing that is going to keep them emissions compliant and on the market for a few more years.

Albynsw

Soooo!!
Is this whole debate based on Adblue now being a requirement for compliance of a diesel motor making it an unsuitable option??? o_O