pajero 4wd light flashing

mick4x4

hey all as I know this is a common problem with the pajero but im after a bit of help ive got a 2000 nm pajero 2.8td manual when I select 4h the orange light starts to flash no I have scan for codes and im getting

dtc 33 TF MODE SWITCH 2

im wanting to know if anyone has delt with this code before and can point me in to the right place to start looking any info will help me

prawns

Mate I pulled the gearbox out of my NH Pajero to replace a clutch on mine, stuck it all back together and had exactly the same issue you do

When I stuck it in 4H the orange diff light came on instead of the 2 front green wheels, when i stuck it in 4WD with Locked center - they all lighted up ok

I had thought that we had actually got the 4x4 electrical plugs around backwards (mixed up the center diff plug with the front hubs) but it turned out to be just a dicky plug which needed a bit of a wiggle (bad connection)

The bad news is the plugs location - To get to the 4wd system connections I had to go through the center console as they sit on the top of the gearbox - if your issue is also a bit of a dicky connection unfortunatly your gunna have to rip the center console out to check i think as theres virtually no room from underneath

Theres x2 brown plugs and x2 black plugs which are used for the 4x4 system, I nailed my issue down to one of the 2 brown plugs with the help of a workshop manual - I jiggled the 2 brown plugs and the system immediatly started working correctly

image_not_available.jpg

image_not_available.jpg

Not saying its the same issue you have - but symptoms match...

mick4x4

Ok al fixed found that it was three out of five switches on the transfer case that was stuffed all done now I can go and test it :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

mick4x4

ouch - did you have to rip the center console out to get to yours also?

Hey prawns I droped the back off the transfer case crossmember to get them made a scocket up so make life a bit easyer

mick4x4

Those switchs are freaking expensive to

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

hey nightscale not to bad $500 for all five but only used 3 so hopefully I can take the other ones back for credit