Nissan Patrol 2005

DazzGUIV

4x4 Earth Contributer
Nissan Patrol, 2005

Good Points
comfort, alot better than the old hilux.
very capable off road
space in the wagon is great

Bad Points
its not a ute - but you cant have the best of both world. no real room for dirty applications such as a fire wood run etc (might have to look at a roof basket for that).

What mods have you done?
33 inch coopers
2 inch tough dog lift - 45mm big bore adjustables
ARB on board air
300w inverter
50A anderson power outlet in the bull bar
3x additional fused power outlets in the back with volt meter and ammeter
GME tx4400 uhf
Garmin GPS
side awning
pioneer radio/cd/ipod
dual battery system
9000lb winch

What mods are on the list to do?
rear bar to be fitted in a couple of weeks
rear work light
rock sliders
upgrade recovery points
rear drawers

Why did you buy this vehicle?
bought the wagon to replace my hilux ute - wanted the extra space the wagon offered. Also the live front axle is a big seller

How often do you go offroad?
fortnightly

What will your next vehicle be?
not sure - havnt killed this one yet!

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 6750fd24.jpg
    6750fd24.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

DazzGUIV

4x4 Earth Contributer
Cheers guys, the idea with the electricals was to hide as much as possible and make it look stock.
Still got those pesky yellow wires hanging out of the dash, which is a kill switch for the antenna. Planing another arb compressor switch to make it match.

Dun Gun

Still got those pesky yellow wires hanging out of the dash, which is a kill switch for the antenna. Planing another arb compressor switch to make it match.[/QUOTE]

Hey mate how do you find the arb compressor go with the 33's. I'm trying to sort out what to get and i'mleaning towards the arb unit. Good idea using the existing mounts for the rear seats. Nice job.

vitara94

:) hey everyone likes your electricals...:) me 2...

since when did u have a winch?????

tanyas pootrol has the bulbar/brushbars/sliders on and 33's and 2in lift... need u to make me one of them electrcal panels ;);) would make all the difference ay..

DazzGUIV

4x4 Earth Contributer
Still got those pesky yellow wires hanging out of the dash, which is a kill switch for the antenna. Planing another arb compressor switch to make it match.

Hey mate how do you find the arb compressor go with the 33's. I'm trying to sort out what to get and i'mleaning towards the arb unit. Good idea using the existing mounts for the rear seats. Nice job.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the arb unit goes well, I got the on board hi flow unit. Got a good deal from a web based seller out of Canberra.

Easy install too, comes with good instruction pack.

DazzGUIV

4x4 Earth Contributer
:) hey everyone likes your electricals...:) me 2...

since when did u have a winch?????

tanyas pootrol has the bulbar/brushbars/sliders on and 33's and 2in lift... need u to make me one of them electrcal panels ;);) would make all the difference ay..

Yeah winch is a new addition...
Sounds like your getting there with the patrol. Should be able to make up a panel, but it'll cost you a few beers...

vitara94

:)lol over a campfire...

nice we r looking at geting a winch asap(as soon as we get the injector pump fixed first)

all tracks closed 4 d weekend:(

Dun Gun

Yeah the arb unit goes well, I got the on board hi flow unit. Got a good deal from a web based seller out of Canberra.

Easy install too, comes with good instruction pack.[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate, I will do a bit of shopping around and see what sort of price i can get. Was thinking of putting it under the hood but after seeing yours it'll stay a lot cleaner in the back:)

Dun Gun

Also mate does the bracket/ mount vibrate much? Can't tell but it looks like you have attached to the side pocket as well?

DazzGUIV

4x4 Earth Contributer
Also mate does the bracket/ mount vibrate much? Can't tell but it looks like you have attached to the side pocket as well?

Yeah the reason I put it in the back was to keep it out of the dust/mud. The bracket is mounted to the pocket, also where the fire extinguisher is. Is does move a little, but only cause the pocket flexes. It doesn't rattle against the pocket. I plan to lock it in with a rear drawer system, but that's the next project.

DazzGUIV

4x4 Earth Contributer
:)lol over a campfire...

nice we r looking at geting a winch asap(as soon as we get the injector pump fixed first)

all tracks closed 4 d weekend:(

I think there is still a way in there, but hopefully the tracks open up anyways. I'm just going to follow the thread, there is alot in the area so I'm sure there will be something going on

Dun Gun

Yeah the reason I put it in the back was to keep it out of the dust/mud. The bracket is mounted to the pocket, also where the fire extinguisher is. Is does move a little, but only cause the pocket flexes. It doesn't rattle against the pocket. I plan to lock it in with a rear drawer system, but that's the next project.

Yeah i was thinking that the drawers would brace it in nicely. Well you have given me a couple of good ideas for the future, cheers!:)