MT Terrible - First time 4wd'er

AussieTommo

G'day all. Recently got myself a Pajero, which I'm planning on chucking a 2 inch lift in and some all terrains. Currently just has a roof rack, light bar, and electrical system I've installed. It has rear diff lock from factory too.

Completely new to 4wd'ing, my mate (Prado with lift and ATs) and I are planning on heading up MT Terrible in Winter. Any advice you can give regarding preparation, choice of track etc will be much appreciated.

Not trying to be the bloke with all the gear and no idea! Will approach it with a high degree of caution, and will watch plenty of videos on techniques inc recovery gear etc.

Cheers!

John U

G'day all. Recently got myself a Pajero, which I'm planning on chucking a 2 inch lift in and some all terrains. Currently just has a roof rack, light bar, and electrical system I've installed. It has rear diff lock from factory too.

Completely new to 4wd'ing, my mate (Prado with lift and ATs) and I are planning on heading up MT Terrible in Winter. Any advice you can give regarding preparation, choice of track etc will be much appreciated.

Not trying to be the bloke with all the gear and no idea! Will approach it with a high degree of caution, and will watch plenty of videos on techniques inc recovery gear etc.

Cheers!
Do it in good conditions first time. Get a feel for it before trying it in more challenging conditions.
Go with someone who knows what they're doing.

boobook

Welcome, Mt Terrible is a good track to get used to 4wding. It's about 1200m high so may get snow.

Get The Rooftop Marysville - Lake Eildon map

RBJET

As John suggested, go with someone who knows what they're doing if you intend on driving when it's covered in snow.
In the dry it's pretty straight forward and you shouldn't have a problem.

Swaggie

My suggestion would be stay out of there over winter.
Go do a 4wd course while where heading for Winter and a lot of the tracks have Seasonal Closures.

Drive your vehicle as it is for awhile, you may find you don't even need a lift especially with a diff lock already, learn to pick better lines up and down tracks it's not always what you see everyone else do...

Goodluck.