Mount Walker 29/09/2018

Anteiku

Hello all, I am planning on heading up the mountains tomorrow morning to do a bit of a poke around round Mt Walker. Anyone want to convene?

I'll be day tripping it as Sunday requires drinks to be drunk in the CBD.

Who doesn't love a trip with little to no notice?

Anteiku

OK, so here's my plan:

Leave Rydal in the AM 9 ~ 10 then make the way through Lisdale and up the mountain, down the other side back onto the great western Highway near Lithgow.

Attachments

• MT Walker.jpg
    MT Walker.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 166

Anteiku

Not sure, it's ungated according to TopoMaps and a listed road. so I am assuming so, if not drive back through Rydal.

mikehzz

There was a gate last time I was there but that was a fair while ago. Drive out through Lidsdale Forest to the highway near Wallerawang. It's a nice drive.

Anteiku

I'll give option A a go first if not I'll take your option as the exit plan, I'll let you know tomorrow night what the situation was gate wise, looks like there is a few choices to exit on the way down, either way a day in the bush is better than a day on the couch.
There was a gate last time I was there but that was a fair while ago. Drive out through Lidsdale Forest to the highway near Wallerawang. It's a nice drive.

Anteiku

Ok, so there was a locked gate coming down, I made my way out VIA Lisdale S.F.
this is the route I took
MT Walker IRL.jpg

WildtrakRudy

Wise choice! I pretty much done the same thing. Got 3/4 way up then did a 10-point turn with 3 adults hanging off the side in fear of rolling the ute :oops:. Eventually got down to find out my mate had cooked his clutch and my kidney stones had kicked in :eek:. Luckily, Lithgow Hospital was around the corner :(

nitrobrent

At Christmas we were sitting at the top admiring the view.
Jumped in the Jeep and nothing.
No power.
Mate eventually got it going with a jump start. Wasn't looking forward to sleeping the night up there.
Headed back to camp , check guage light on , as overcharging.
Got brand new alternator out , pull old one out , housing is different. After carting it around for years.
Got to Lithgow the next day.
Dead short in battery.

penny

Newbie here! Live in the area so have been making the most of exploring some local tracks. The most recent update is that there is still a locked gate.