GU 3D model

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Some pictures of what I've been doing in the program SolidWorks during slow periods at work.

GU model 2D BLH.jpg GU model 2D BRM.jpg GU model 2D FLH.jpg GU model 2D FLL.jpg GU model 2D FRL.jpg

And a 4by that the people on the trip never saw, but was there going by the photo :D
GU Mt Terrible 3.JPG

Started off designing some rock sliders (as seen in the DIY thread), turned into making a model of the 4by. Enjoy

80lover96gxl

Some pictures of what I've been doing in the program SolidWorks during slow periods at work.

View attachment 14229 View attachment 14230 View attachment 14231 View attachment 14232 View attachment 14233

And a 4by that the people on the trip never saw, but was there going by the photo :D
View attachment 14234

Started off designing some rock sliders (as seen in the DIY thread), turned into making a model of the 4by. Enjoy

Far out,that looks really cool,nice work.

cheers,
Brian.

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Cheers guys, quite happy how it's turned out, still could use some refining in areas but it's at a good level anyway :)

Vegetoast

Very nice Outrage you must have a lot of slow periods. any chance of getting a copy of your model so I can experiment printing it? I've been after a vehicle but have been picky cause I want to print a local type 4by and can only find yankee stuff.
If the print turns out well I can send you a print free, I'll do it for love..lol the biggest print I can do is 120mmx120x140h.
If need be I can print small prototypes for you too.

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks, happy to send the model, want the solidworks version or after a specific format?

Not sure how well it will go (only seen some 3d printing from uni, don't know about how well the CAD model has to be built) the body is a surface model I picked up off the internet, the whole underside of it is hollow, was a flat surface under there but I cut it all out to put chassis rails, etc in.

pm with your email if you want to give it a shot.

Yeah had quite a few slow periods, picked up again now though, the work life of being in a consultancy :), slow, busy, moderate, slow, hectic, slow...hehe

Vegetoast

Sweet Outrage, I not any sort of digital artist but I can modify it if need be depending on the amount of work it requires, usual rules for print are; minimise over hangs over 45 degres, all vertices need to be connected and no overlapping polygons.

With a smile like that I'd say you enjoy your work! feast of famine is what I got.
anyway PM

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
A little more has happened to the model, but found a picture renderer within solidworks to make them pretty. Again, enjoy :)

Eventual plan is to get tailshafts, non-spherical diffs, chassis cross members, etc to fill out the underneath.

The Mighty 4.5 GU.JPG The Mighty 4.5 GU FLL.JPG The Mighty 4.5 GU BLH.JPG The Mighty 4.5 GU low down.JPG

alvina

Banned
Interesting

hey......
I join this forum and found it really interesting information. I love these posts because it contains very useful information. I must appreciate this community. Thanks!

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
More updates to the model, working on a proper front end.

Swivel Hubs
Frontendstage1swivelhubs.jpg

Axle housing
Frontendstage2axlehousing.jpg

Think something must be missing, steering don't work!!!
Frontendstage2alignmentissues.jpg

Radius Arms (these have changed a little since this image - workig on the angles)
Frontendstage3radiusarms.jpg

Suspension
Frontendstage4springs.jpg

Frontendstage4Bsprings.jpg

Shocks
Frontendstage5shocks.jpg

Frontendstage5Bshocks.jpg

Enjoy

Jarh73

So when can we print up the just the body on a 3D printer?????
:)

1/10 scale too please. :D

I have already built a Patrol style front end for an RC vehicle I just need the Patrol body now.

Cheers

Justin

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Haven't done anymore to the 4wd, but just showing the other side project I've been working on. It's a tad heavier than a patrol.

crawlerassembly04_zpsdf9e4826.jpg

For anyone wondering, it's a crawler for an old historic coal mine dredger (a small one). Actual dredger is supported by 5 of these. What's modelled weighs about 30T, but is missing its internal gears, motors, gearbox, shafts, etc. The entire dredger weighs 304.22T.

Attached is a photo of the actual dredger.
4333764833_38fb35bcce_o.jpg