Coleman HyperFlame FyreKnight Camping Stove using standard regulator

boobook

I've nearly decided to get a Coleman HyperFlame FyreKnight Stove.

The only issue is that I would like to connect it to my gas outlet in the camper which comes via a regulator at the gas bottles.

A few sites I have seen show that while it can connect to large POL gas bottle fittings, you must use the regulator included as an accessory with the stove.

Has anyone connected a Fyreknight to a standard, regulated gas line?

phs

What are the regulators dropping the pressure to ?
Assuming the one of your camper is 2.75kpa
What is the rating of the Coleman one ?

In a nut shell you need the supply pressures to match the manufacturers specs as the injector size is suited to that supply pressure if it’s under it causes issues like excess CO

Swaggie

You have to use the Coleman fitting.
I had a mate lathe a piece to screw onto there connection a couple of years ago to use an unregulated hose it didn’t work to well.
There silver connection is a pain in the ass. It freezes up easily in cold weather.
Went to the Primus high flow stove and never looked back, Decided not to support Coleman products anymore.

Mines the color Red and it Burns faster :p:D

Albynsw

I had a mate lathe a piece to screw onto there connection a couple of years ago to use an unregulated hose it didn’t work to well.
There silver connection is a pain in the ass. It freezes up easily in cold weather.
Went to the Primus high flow stove and never looked back, Decided not to support Coleman products anymore.

I got the Red version too, they are a good stove. Run nice and hot and easy to clean

peterfermtech

No problems but in the end I found it easier/more convenient to use and refill the disposable. They do pump out some heat but are hard to control. I bought the junior model back in 2019 but haven't had a chance to use it yet (bloody covid!).

Albynsw

Yeah mate they simmer very well too,I mainly use the Companion Green canisters on it especially on day trips to the beach etc .
I used to use just the green disposable canisters too but found these stoves with their higher BTU output also a bit hungrier on gas so last trip took a 2.5kg bottle

I bought the adapter to refill the green bottles a few years ago and never got around to trying it

boobook

Interesting Swaggie, From what you and others above have said I am looking at the Primus which is now Companion. It sure seemes to have a great output.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
I have the Coleman Gladiator and find it exceptional, there is a slight mod to the controls as they use too much grease which makes it difficult to get down to a simmer but once I did that it is perfect. The mod is simple, remove the shaft, wipe the grease then spray with Silicone Grease then reinstall

I have used it when it is blowing a gale and it keeps its' heat unlike others that lose the heat at a small breeze.

The gas canisters are quite economical, 1 cylinder typically lasts 3 days and I have refilled mine a few times with the adaptor off Ebay.

I think it is the best cooker I have ever owned

cheers

Swaggie

@cookie64

Glad you’re having a great time using it ... ;)
Nothing worse than having no confidence in your cooking gear.I bought a Companion while up Dargo from Army Disposal’s because i was having issues with a Coleman double fold and go at the time and it had to go back.

Karl Fehlauer

I have the Coleman Gladiator and find it exceptional, there is a slight mod to the controls as they use too much grease which makes it difficult to get down to a simmer but once I did that it is perfect. The mod is simple, remove the shaft, wipe the grease then spray with Silicone Grease then reinstall

I have used it when it is blowing a gale and it keeps its' heat unlike others that lose the heat at a small breeze.

The gas canisters are quite economical, 1 cylinder typically lasts 3 days and I have refilled mine a few times with the adaptor off Ebay.

cheers

I will give that a go - thanks :)

Karl

smitty_r51

cheers
Yeah have the same one and did the same fix... great cooker and doesn't use a lot of gas.

Only issue i have now is the right jet goes great guns, the left side will only run at a simmer...guessing the jets are blocked but can't find any replacement parts or anyone who will give it a service. I have tried stripping it down and cleaning it out but it made no difference.