Cityview 4x4 Park, Beaudesert Qld

NickE

Hi All,

Has anyone been to Cityview 4x4 park recently? I heard it has down-sized, and no longer operating as the above-mentioned. Any info would be great.

victa

Yep, its up for sale and has been broken up into 3 large blocks.

I think you can still go out there but have to ring Peter first.

I remember a post on ausjeep from him.

lowie4157

For all that wants is interested, we went there on the weekend had great day out. Map supplied was a bit hard to follow and we ended up on the hard track with stock standard vehicles. More clearance would have been good.

So yes Cityview is still there operating, and Peter is still the guy to call. 0424 568 886. bookings essential.

cheers
Lowie

lowie4157

hi gdog

he only chanrges $20/vehicle and we were the only group there on the day so had a run of the place. As I said the map we were given was really hard to navigate from, hence we ended up on a hard track as opposed to something our cars and their respective owners are more comfortable with. We all had stock standard 4wd with no lifts or after market lockers etc, so it was a bit hairy in some places.

At one point we had to fill in some washed out tracks with rocks so we could get the clearance to go past it.

In saying that there were some signs to a comp track that we saw, but avoided going there for the reasons stated above. Also there are no facilities there. A couple of portaloos dotted around that's all. Apart from that, the moderate track that we were on was really fun.

Was it worth it? yes. Was a cheap day out (except for some minor, and one not so minor damage to the cars). Would I do it again? Maybe. I'd like to do other places before going back there again.

lowie

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks for the contact info, have been looking to go back with the club but couldn't find the phone number. It is a interesting place and the club I am in was talking about heading back but thought it had closed after an accident early 2008. Glad to hear it is still open.

Rodxj

A few tracks are overgrown with lantana, so if the bigger rigs are concerned with scratched duco, might pay to check with Peter, with regards to maintenance. ;)

lowie4157

We got a few scratches on our cars from the trip. There were some pretty big washouts too. Had to put in a bit of elbow grease to get past one spot in particular.

Jeeptheone

When it showers some of the ttracks get a bit greasy as I found out on one of the ridges. No mud tires, bit of rain = no traction and the egde getting closer! Once I lost traction and momentum I slid back down.

Note to self - buy some muddies!

JTO

Attachments

• JK No Traction in greasy mud.jpg
    JK No Traction in greasy mud.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 112

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Like the vid. It must be in the Pejero's DNA to be a 2 wheel drive when offroad. Have some video from Jenowen Hills 4x4 park with a SWB Pejero lifting the front wheels of the ground many times