Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just a heads up, spotted on Explore OZ.

http://www.chipit.com.au/

------
CHIP IT AUSTRALIA HAS ENTERED INTO INSOLVENCY AS OF 4TH MARCH 2014

CURRENT ORDERS WILL BE SENT WITHIN 10 WORKING DAYS

CURRENT WARRANTIES WILL BE SENT WITHIN 10 WORKING DAYS

WARRANTIES FOR PRODUCTS PURCHASED BETWEEN 1-9- 2013 AND 4-3-2014 CAN BE RETURNED FOR TESTING/REPAIR TO

PO BOX 2017 CLARKSON WA 6030

THE FOLLOWING MUST BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR WARRANTY RETURN...

PROOF OF PURCHASE
INFORMATION REGARDING PROBLEM
RETURN BAG
FAILURE TO INCLUDE THIS INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN THE WARRANTY 'RETURN TO SENDER'
------

Not sure what this means to the company, maybe it can be traded out of this, but always a tough ask.

It looks like they are covering sales and warrantys.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ah yeah, too a while to find it, tucked away in 4x4 Tech - Motors.
Might get seen more here.

Hope they can save it or the technology here though, maybe they've just been overtaken or as someone mentioned there, they may have had warranty / service issues.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Whilst I am not particularly a fan of chips, it is sad to see yet another company struggling.

Let's hope that they can trade out of it.

cheers

phs

I dunno what the deal with " chip it " was but I do remember reading a thread posted by one of there customers. One thing lead to another the guy never received his goods eventually he asked for his money back, then they started sending abusive texts with threats I saw the screen shots my self and after that I decided I'd never deal with them.....

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
I dunno what the deal with " chip it " was but I do remember reading a thread posted by one of there customers. One thing lead to another the guy never received his goods eventually he asked for his money back, then they started sending abusive texts with threats I saw the screen shots my self and after that I decided I'd never deal with them.....

That's not good news either, I did wonder what their track record was with customers and did a very quick search but then lost track but didn't see too many bad things.

cheers

rob_macca67

I read on another forum that they have already re-opened under a different name & website..... I had a look at the "assumed" new website and wouldn't know if its true or not.... some of u might know... The comment on the other forum is that they even kept the same phone numbers..... ??