12th Vic gathering?

billolga

4x4 Earth Contributer
do we have a plan yet bill apart from going to victoria? Ive retired from my Sri Lanka stuff just for this trip!
Last year we picked a starting point & date & the first couple of days & winged it from there which resulted in one of the best HC trips I have done.
This year looks like being the same.

Last edited:

RODEODAVE

New to 4x4’ing, keen to meet some new people with similar interests... tell me a little about this gathering?
Basically every year around early November the Victorian locals put together a gathering for us crazy Earthers .
And some travel interstate for this get together our NSW CREW usually do a 2 week trip with the Vic meet somewhere in the middle of our trip.
And then every May the NSW crew do something similar in NSW but we don't get to many mexicans over the border other than the honorary New South Welshman Bomber ..
look in trip reports for more info on these get togethers .

Dave

Any suggestions on where we should have it? I'm thinking somewhere past Bairnsdale towards the border, but don't know any places down that end.

Patriot

Administrator
Hello,
So there isn't one formally planned yet. A few people have things on during that weekend, so maybe we can look at a different date?
Also wondering where people want to go?
Back to O'Tooles? I think Talbotville is a little far out, maybe back to Sheepyard, was it? Near Jamieson?
What does everyone think?

billolga

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hello,
So there isn't one formally planned yet. A few people have things on during that weekend, so maybe we can look at a different date?
Also wondering where people want to go?
Back to O'Tooles? I think Talbotville is a little far out, maybe back to Sheepyard, was it? Near Jamieson?
What does everyone think?
James, @Patriot , you may have noticed the NSW Crew are coming ready or not for OUR Annual that just happens to coinside with the Vic Gathering up till now.
Our Committee (We don't have one really but it sounds better) have decided on a meeting place & a date & the rest of the two or so weeks we will Wing it. (SA has done just that for the last couple of years as well)
It worked great last year with one of the best trips I have done down there.
How about Vic doing the same if no one puts there hand up?

There all getting "Old" & probably need there Caravans & hot water bottles.:cool::D

Angusvale, O'Tooles, Talbotville, Wonnangatta or one of the ones just past Licola. I prefer places cars struggle to get to (less dickheads usually).

coolumbla

i'm just following bill!
ill end up somewhere in victoria!

but then have to be home on the saturday to go to tasmania!