Tallarook Sunday 5/12

jack48

Hi guys and gals
Mongral Lux ( Mal ) and I are going for a drive Haha this coming Sunday, the 5th, meeting at United servo in Glenburn. at 9 am
If any one is interested in tagging along feel free to do so, Max 6 rigs, must have all recovery gear and tyres, especially after the rain which is expected this week.
Either PM me or post away, should be a good day out, its years since I've been in that area.

We will be using ch 26 UHF

Definate starters

Jack 1948, Jack
Mongral Lux, Mal
Bluebird68 David
D4X4 , Paul
Mooser , Mick
Plastered , Matt

Maybe

glennyboy , Glenn

THE TRIP IS NOW FULL WITH ALL THE ABOVE NAMES CONSIDERED AS STARTERS, IF ANY ONE PULLS OUT WE WILL POSSIBLY FILL THE GAPS
As Mal has asked, Chainsaws if possible.
Will be a definate medium trip if you have the tyres after the dump of rain up there today, looking foreward to it,

Last edited:

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
Very interested Jack...:)

Cant give a definate answer to later in the week as waiting for the 'election stuff' to sort itself out...:(

Been to Tallarook many times; great place.

billyj

just a warning, i was up there on sunday and the brigde on ennis rd was closed due to damage from flooding. another way into tallarook is horan road just off the broardford-flowerdale road

tankbloke

4x4 Earth Contributer
Was up there a couple of weeks ago and found a few decent size trees down across a couple of tracks.If they're still there you'll need either chains or the mother of all Chainsaws. We had neither, so there was some Butt- puckering blind reversing on one goat track. Forget the name, but wouldn't want to spoil your fun by telling you anyway.::p

Last edited:

jack48

Hey Mal you bringing the chainsaw ??? will be a bit smelly in the back of Tonkadore, haven't got a case for mine, if you can't I shall have to take mine.

Mongrel Lux

Hey Mal you bringing the chainsaw ??? will be a bit smelly in the back of Tonkadore, haven't got a case for mine, if you can't I shall have to take mine.

ALways Jack, my saw live in the tray & it's case is bolted to the Lux. But having problems with my Endless Air ATM :(:(:( I need it fixed soon. Since you never let ya tyres down in the first place, I don't suppose you have a compresor Jack? Still, I can pump 'em up in Yea on the way home.

jack48

Hey, I dropped em down to 25psi the other day LOL, was to rough on the super hwy going over the mountain.
Yes I do have a compressor, so all is good, it is a good one and won't take long to blow up your tyres.
Was thinking of running the 285/75R16 silverstone 117-sports 33" for Sunday, seeing we have a bit of tar to do, and want to see how good or bad they are LMAO, fitted on ROH mags, could be a bit of a change from the 35 Xtremes as everyone says Tallarook is an easy area, except for the tks you find.
Want me to bring the hand winch as well ????

Mongrel Lux

Hey, I dropped em down to 25psi the other day LOL, was to rough on the super hwy going over the mountain.
Yes I do have a compressor, so all is good, it is a good one and won't take long to blow up your tyres.
Was thinking of running the 285/75R16 silverstone 117-sports 33" for Sunday, seeing we have a bit of tar to do, and want to see how good or bad they are LMAO, fitted on ROH mags, could be a bit of a change from the 35 Xtremes as everyone says Tallarook is an easy area, except for the tks you find.
Want me to bring the hand winch as well ????

All good then. No need to bring ya hand winch ( unless ya want to ) as the Tirfor also lives in my Truck. Only a couple of interesing Tks that I know of mostly Medium Tks.

Last edited:

jack48

All good then. No need to bring ya hand winch ( unless ya want to ) as the Tirfor also lives in my Truck. Only a couple of interesing Tks that I know off mostly Medium Tks.

Ye, took mine out for Skipworth, had to find somewhere to cart the drinks safely, not in the camper trailer, so all good, shall be about 60kgs lighter LOL
Guess we take food and coffee for a few stops on our casual drive Hahaha

cruising62

maybe me

hi guys,
thinking about it,but don't know much about the area -carn't see many traks on google earth&don't have maps for that area.Is it worth the drive? (what do you think Mal,about 2.5 hours from Hallam)
If it's deep ruts & boggy like Bunyip then maybe it's not for me(not interested in spinning wheels all day &going nowhere) but if it's rocky ground more like around Jamieson then i could be a starter
cheers.John

Mongrel Lux

hi guys,
thinking about it,but don't know much about the area -carn't see many traks on google earth&don't have maps for that area.Is it worth the drive? (what do you think Mal,about 2.5 hours from Hallam)
If it's deep ruts & boggy like Bunyip then maybe it's not for me(not interested in spinning wheels all day &going nowhere) but if it's rocky ground more like around Jamieson then i could be a starter
cheers.John

G'day again John

More like Jami NOT at all like Bunyip, Tks are steep, stony Some rocky. No mud that's why we going. The " interesting Tks " I know of are gnarly / rocky & are faily short & there are easy / Medium Tks very near by that go round them. Not sure if I'll have a go at 'em till I see 'em about 2 hours from Hallam.

Chose it after all the rain we've had. Bunyip, Neerim, Warby, & Toolagni too wet, rutted & boggy. I know the area faily well & have excelent maps. It's a small area with lots of Med Tks. Be great to have ya join us.

Mal

Last edited:

jack48

G'day again John

More like Jami NOT at all like Bunyip, Tks are steep, stony Some rocky. No mud that's why we going. The " interesting Tks " I know of are gnarly / rocky & are faily short & there are easy / Medium Tks very near by that go round them. Not sure if I'll have a go at 'em till I see 'em about 2 hours from Hallam.

Chose it after all the rain we've had. Bunyip, Neerim, Warby, & Toolagni too wet, rutted & boggy.

Mal

Thats why we changed from Wesburn / Warby. do not want bog holes.
Just a nice Sunday drive, no winching or snatching we hope, LOL

cruising62

Sounds good ,count me in,
hay Mel what time are you leaving & wich way are you going, maybe we could drive up there together

glennyboy

Hey guys, I may join you but I will keep you posted later in the week.

Is this going to be another case of the medium trip turning hard, (aka the Nerrim trip) or with the rocky base does rain have little influence? The difficualt part could be making it to the tracks with all the trees falling over.

Glenn