If you are are 4WD newbie heading offroad for your first trip, then you will definely what to listen to our 4×4 newbie podcast. Definitely have a listen to our newbies podcast edition.
My first time out 4 wheel driving we ended up on the back of truck! So have a listen to this podcast and get some ideas on what to do so you get out safely, have a great time, and get back safe as well, ready for your next trip out. A few years ago, I ended up in a creek crossing that wasn’t that deep, but ended in tears. 🙁
Common mistakes the 4WD newbie makes.
There are a lot of mistakes that newbies make going offroad. Here are some of the most common mistakes that newbies make heading out offroad.
- Going out alone. If you get stuck there is no one to help.
- Not having some basic recovery equipment. At least a shovel.
- Picking tracks that are too difficult for their experience and/or vehicle.
- Have a communications plan. (Mobiles may not work where you are going)
- Getting caught out by the weather. A track that is easy in the dry can quickly become a nightmare in the wet.
- Not being prepared in case the trip takes longer. People sometimes get lost, or get stuck, and having clothes, food and water can make it a lot safer and comfortable.
- Not having a map. Paper is great, especially if your phone doesn’t have reception.
Have a listen to the podcast and your 4wd newbie trip should go a lot smoother.
Join the conversation about the 4x4earth podcast on the 4x4earth forum. www.4x4earth.com is Australia’s largest free and independent 4 wheel driving website with over 200,000 visits per month.
If you are loving 4x4earth.com, check out the 4x4earth Merch. The sales help to keep Australia’s largest free and independent 4 wheel drive website and the largest Australian 4×4 Podcast! It helps us to keep on doing the work to keep tracks open.