Welcome from Mitsubishi Motors Australia

MotorCulture

Mitsubishi_Logo.png

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Motors Australia sub-forum. It’s great to be a part of your community! We will be posting a range of regular features here so that you can keep up to date with all of the exciting things happening in Mitsubishi Motors world, plus we’re looking forward to learning more about you, the Forum Members, as well!

Challenger-3.jpg

So a little bit about Mitsubishi: Mitsubishi Motors Australia is a part of the global Mitsubishi organisation founded in 1870, and we have been operating in Australia since 1980. Over 11 million people around the world have chosen to drive Mitsubishi vehicles, a pretty impressive stat! With a broad history of iconic cars, Pajero, Triton and Lancer to name a few, the Mitsubishi name is a trusted name on Australian roads. All Mitsubishi owners benefit from our extensive dealer network with over 200 sites Australia-wide, who will make sure your Mitsubishi vehicle is looked after by qualified and professional Mitsubishi technicians using Genuine Mitsubishi Parts.

17578-MMAL-295Lowres.jpg

We’ll be bringing you some eagerly awaited updates to the 4WD Mitsubishi range but we know better than anyone that you guys are the real experts on these vehicles. Whether you’re 4WD’ing for work or fun you’re in them every day and you really put them to the test! That’s why we want to hear from you guys and we can’t wait to start!

Challenger-2.jpg

To learn more about Mitsubishi, please visit our website: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/

Or you can always follow Mitsubishi across the social channels:

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MitsubishiMotorsAustralia
Twitter - https://twitter.com/MitsubishiAust
G+ - https://plus.google.com/+MitsubishiMotorsAustralia
Instagram - https://instagram.com/mitsubishiaust/

Toddyh

Good to have you on board. Can you help with things like providing part numbers?
I'm specifically after the number for the plastic bush on the end of the transfer shifter stick for a PB Challenger/MN Triton. Been stuck in AWD mode a couple of times now and I'm told replacing this bush is the fix. Not keen on spending $400+ to replace the whole shifter.

Photo of someone else's that had a similar issue.

Last edited:

Chatty

Yes, we have our fair share of Pajero lovers - including myself. But, I have to raise a point that concerns me about Pajero evolution (and some other 4WDs as well)...

I have an NS Exceed which has all sorts of bits added, but talking to the aftermarket people it seems like this might be my last Exceed, purely due to the problems with fitting extras to the newer Exceeds.

By way of example, the latest Exceeds apparently have a "black box" under the front bumper which prevents the fitting of a bull bar - a big problem for any serious 4WD owner. From all accounts this is peculiar to the Exceed, and some owners have been known to relocate the box (which no one seems to know what it actually does) themselves to fit a bull bar - but obviously tinkering with unknown black boxes isn't great thing to be doing.

But I love my current Exceed and will be hanging onto it as long as I can.

nightscale

Good to have you on board. Can you help with things like providing part numbers?
I'm specifically after the number for the plastic bush on the end of the transfer shifter stick for a PB Challenger/MN Triton. Been stuck in AWD mode a couple of times now and I'm told replacing this bush is the fix. Not keen on spending $400+ to replace the whole shifter.

the plastic bit at the bottom are very hard to find, cant buy them from mitsi anymore have to buy entire gear lever :(

I'm still trying to find out if you can replace the rubber seal that goes on the individual levers

Toddyh

the plastic bit at the bottom are very hard to find, cant buy them from mitsi anymore have to buy entire gear lever :(

I'm still trying to find out if you can replace the rubber seal that goes on the individual levers

That's my concern. I'm not keen on $492 to essentially replace one little piece of plastic. Hoping the part number might mean I can source in elsewhere or at least be more specific.

nightscale

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
The ads working your still talking about it, whether in a good light or negatively... :p :eek:

Which , if their marketing people are taking any notice , is a negative comment.

Even better if the accountants are taking notice and wont spend the coin on a similar campaign.

and it would be brilliant if the CEO understood that shyte ads doesn't actually sell cars :D

hiluxdriver

Which , if their marketing people are taking any notice , is a negative comment.

Even better if the accountants are taking notice and wont spend the coin on a similar campaign.

and it would be brilliant if the CEO understood that shyte ads doesn't actually sell cars :D

Sir Les Patterson did a great job selling Avalons back in the day

MotorCulture

Hi, based on the info you've provided here unfortunately that nylon bush is not available as a service item. Due to the way the way the shifter is assembled it is only available as a whole shifter.

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi, based on the info you've provided here unfortunately that nylon bush is not available as a service item. Due to the way the way the shifter is assembled it is only available as a whole shifter.

That's ridiculous. I've heard of a few with same problem. Surely if something is an outstanding issue it can be repaired, and not simply just purchase a whole new shifter??

Toddyh

That's disappointing.
How about the part number for the whole thing then?

MotorCulture

Yes, we have our fair share of Pajero lovers - including myself. But, I have to raise a point that concerns me about Pajero evolution (and some other 4WDs as well)...

I have an NS Exceed which has all sorts of bits added, but talking to the aftermarket people it seems like this might be my last Exceed, purely due to the problems with fitting extras to the newer Exceeds.

By way of example, the latest Exceeds apparently have a "black box" under the front bumper which prevents the fitting of a bull bar - a big problem for any serious 4WD owner. From all accounts this is peculiar to the Exceed, and some owners have been known to relocate the box (which no one seems to know what it actually does) themselves to fit a bull bar - but obviously tinkering with unknown black boxes isn't great thing to be doing.

But I love my current Exceed and will be hanging onto it as long as I can.

The "black box" you're referring to is a security siren. The genuine accessory front protection bar kit contains a security siren relocation bracket. If you get in touch with us we can send you out the fitting instructions for this front protection bar. The good news is there is no issue in fitting a genuine accessory front protection bar to a current model (15MY) Pajero Exceed, just in case you're ready to upgrade any time soon!