Provent 200 Catch Can Install

crtx

Hi Guys,
Posting up my install over the weekend all up took me around 2hours to do which included cleaning out all my turbo pipes and inlets due to the amount of oil i was quite surprised to see so much.

IMG_20110321_081910.jpg

IMG_20110321_081847.jpg

IMG_20110321_081855.jpg

EFIwindsor

Where did you run your oil return to?
How much boost are you running?
What did you clean the intercooler with?

Cheers
Ben

crtx

Where did you run your oil return to?
How much boost are you running?
What did you clean the intercooler with?

Cheers
Ben

Hi Ben,
10PSI. Cooler was added after i installed the provent purely cause i didn't want any muck. Return line i'm running half meter hose with a bolt & clamp. Empty it first time on the weekend got about 30MM of oil so its def doing its job.
Intakes are clean and rubber hose around cooler pipes are clean

profoto

I'm curious now, I hadn't heard of these before, do they extract oil from the air intake and if so how does it get there?
What damage can oil do to a turbo?
I have the intercooled CR turbo Navara and wonder if it would help save it from premature turbo problems.

andyjim243

My TD 100 series needs one, the intercooler pipe joints all weep oil just from the blowby. I would rather collect the oil than burn it.
Nice job on the install, was it one from ebay? how much did you pay for it?
I would like a site tube to monitor the oil level inside.
a bit like this

Square Oil Catch Can | eBay

EFIwindsor

Hi Ben,
10PSI. Cooler was added after i installed the provent purely cause i didn't want any muck. Return line i'm running half meter hose with a bolt & clamp. Empty it first time on the weekend got about 30MM of oil so its def doing its job.
Intakes are clean and rubber hose around cooler pipes are clean

How long was thar build up over?

crtx

My TD 100 series needs one, the intercooler pipe joints all weep oil just from the blowby. I would rather collect the oil than burn it.
Nice job on the install, was it one from ebay? how much did you pay for it?
I would like a site tube to monitor the oil level inside.
a bit like this

Square Oil Catch Can | eBay

Yeah purchase from Western Diesel in NSW over ebay. i think it was around $250ish. You can buy the catch can alone then grab your own oil resistant hoses.. I didn't bother wanted to install the cooler asap :)

smithy450

HI CRTX,
I'm looking to do the exact same install, how have you found it now. My concern was running the piping so long... any issues thus far??

Would really appreciate any feedback you willing to give.
thanks
Jake Smith

crtx

no issues mate, Just take the nut out of the hose every few months let the oil drain out. not mess nor no leaks