Interesting Video

Bendman

haha
Yeah there were certainly some stereotypes in the video.
Here is a link for those not of Facebook:

p76rangie

If I was the owner of that Prado, I would have the cops after the morons that dragged it out of the way. What a stupid thing to do. It seems that the poor bastard just parked in line with all the other cars. Is he sure that it was not the vehicle in front of him that blocked him in.

Chatty

Absolute idiots - especially considering that the bloke in front was the one that parked stupidly.

Having said that, I used to work a block away from Westfield Parramatta and we were forever getting morons parking in the driveway of our office because they couldn't get a park at the shops.
So, one Saturday morning I come out from work to find the driveway blocked, again. I put a bit of carpet across the bull bar, engaged 1st low, sneaked up on the offender and then pushed him up the driveway and out onto the street where I left him "parked" across the roadway. As in sideways across the road.

red99td5

I don't get why he was able to pull the prado so much further on the last pull?
Apparently in paris you don't put your handbrake on when you park the car, so the car parked in front or behind you can push you forward or back so they can get in or out of their car spot?

Aaron

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well I wasn't there, and we can only speculate at what was going on with parking.
BUT, if it looked like there was no way to contact owner, no PA at event, and it looked like you were going to be there for a while, and they had definitely parked wrong. I'd probably do same. Though I'd make a fair effort to contact owner first. (maybe smash the window and look through glovebox for anything that could reveal the owner?)

Its grass, it didn't hit anything. Honestly what are cops going to do, you haven't damaged anything.

But lets go back to speculating the guy yanking it is completely in the wrong, because his mate has a mullet and they put it on FB. Its more fun that way.

Chatty

Well I wasn't there, and we can only speculate at what was going on with parking.
BUT, if it looked like there was no way to contact owner, no PA at event, and it looked like you were going to be there for a while, and they had definitely parked wrong. I'd probably do same. Though I'd make a fair effort to contact owner first. (maybe smash the window and look through glovebox for anything that could reveal the owner?)

Its grass, it didn't hit anything. Honestly what are cops going to do, you haven't damaged anything.

But lets go back to speculating the guy yanking it is completely in the wrong, because his mate has a mullet and they put it on FB. Its more fun that way.
From the video it looks like the Prado was actually parked correctly - it is in line with a number of other vehicles and last thing in the video they walk around to the front of their vehicle to show how close the bloke in front has parked on them - it looks pretty obvious that the "offending" vehicle was the one in front, not the Prado.
I can't remember the last time I was at a event that didn't have a PA system - usually it's so loud and intrusive I want to find the power lead for it, so I would be surprised if they hadn't been able to contact the owner.

I agree - the cops wouldn't be able to do a thing in this instance unless you could prove damage had been caused. Having said that, the way they dragged it was designed to cause damage and they were lucky that something didn't let go and wind up as a projectile.

p76rangie

I agree - the cops wouldn't be able to do a thing in this instance unless you could prove damage had been caused.
I do not know about other states, but it is certainly against the law here in Victoria;
ROAD SAFETY ACT 1986 - SECT 70
Tampering or interfering with motor vehicle without just cause or excuse
(1) A person who, without just cause or excuse, tampers or interferes with a motor vehicle owned by any other person is guilty of an offence.

Penalty: 2 penalty units or imprisonment for 14 days.

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I do not know about other states, but it is certainly against the law here in Victoria;
ROAD SAFETY ACT 1986 - SECT 70
Tampering or interfering with motor vehicle without just cause or excuse
(1) A person who, without just cause or excuse, tampers or interferes with a motor vehicle owned by any other person is guilty of an offence.

Penalty: 2 penalty units or imprisonment for 14 days.
-->without just cause or excuse<-- They were parked in?

p76rangie

-->without just cause or excuse<-- They were parked in?
He could try that excuse in court. Why did he pull that car out of the way and not the car in front. Why didn't they pull the mates car sideways to get it out. Did he take reasonable steps to find the owner.

I don't know the answers, that is for the cops and the courts to sort out. From the owners point of view, I would have been pretty pissed about someone doing that and I would have called the cops to figure out whether an offence had been committed. It was just another form of road rage.

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
He could try that excuse in court. Why did he pull that car out of the way and not the car in front. Why didn't they pull the mates car sideways to get it out. Did he take reasonable steps to find the owner.

I don't know the answers, that is for the cops and the courts to sort out. From the owners point of view, I would have been pretty pissed about someone doing that and I would have called the cops to figure out whether an offence had been committed. It was just another form of road rage.
Why though? No damage done? We shouldn't be wasting a precious resources such as police, on tiny little incidents where no damage or no harm was done! That includes tieing our courts up.

ChallengeLee

This is a comment the young lady posted in the comments section in response to quite a few negative comments.
"Before anyone else wants to have a go about this, we notified the event organisers who refused to help. We notified police who couldn't help. We also waited 3 hours in the sun with children with us, waiting to leave. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
Cheers to all the others who can appreciate a good laugh and understand the pain of being parked in by a complete toss bag"

I personally still would have been pi$$ed if that had of been my Jeep.

richardlnsw

Well I suppose it was better than waiting for the owner to come back and end up in a brawl with someone in hospital !!! If all avenues were taken to contact the owner AND it was clear that it was this vehicle in the wrong and not the other one in front then I can almost support what they did..... although I would have used the winch:)