dobinsons

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Can't go wrong with Dobinsons. Good Quality and a fair range. Reasonable prices. I use their coils and after driving a mates, I may use their shocks next too.

No better or worse than the flash one's.

sidewaysvc

yer on ebay ther is a 2" lift for 700 cant go wrong i think went to there web site and there industrial stuff thats why id be going down that road

russell789

my dads navara d21 has dobinson shocks all around and they are very good, quite firm but still a good ride and great off road handling, compared to the previous tjm shocks we had in the front

goldrush

I have a complete Dobinsons lift on " The Golden One" and can not fault it. Great quality and value and locally made just round the corner from my place.

sidewaysvc

And i wont have any dramas like brake lines need extending or need to change trailing arms or anything or is that only when i go higher like 4 inch or something

Traveller

I have Dobinsons in the front of mine, much, much better than the tough togs that they replaced.
With the 2" lift you 'shouldn't' have to worry about too much, but you might have to do a few things.
Put the vehicle on a hoist if you can, and check how tight the lines are getting. The rear brake line
can go on the front, just putting a new longer one on the rear then, cheaper!

Maybe you will need to do the castor bushes, maybe not. Mine drives fine, but some need the bushes
changed to accomodate the lift!

Maybe you could alter the length of the brake bracket at the rear. This is a proportioning type
arrangement where it varies the pressure applied to the rear brakes, will try to chase up a pic for
you.
The other thing is the swaybar links. A kit for the rears cost about 20 bucks from ARB, and
drops the bracket down to level the sway bar again. Dunno how much the front kit is, never
bothered, but links from a ford can be used-will see if I can find out what model!
Last thing I can think of off the top of my head would be turning the rear tailshaft around so it doesn't hit the crossmember behind the transfer case.

All I've done is the rear brake line and sway bar brackets, but every vehicle is different!
Have fun with it though:D, it makes a world of difference!

sidewaysvc

how you go with that pic?

Any further reviews on the dobinsons?

Im thinking of running dobinson coils and tough dog big bore ajustable shocks anyone running them?

Sickgm

My mate had 2in EFS elite shocks and springs.... after about 10 months he noticed a sag had them replaced under warranty but was still not happy...

Changed over to Dobinsons shocks and springs and he reckons now he has a true 2 inch lift... rates them highly!

ZORDO

Dobinson coil & shocks are great stuff.
rear brake lines are good for up to 3"
Anything 3" & over you should fit longer rear arms & castor correction
4" will need a adjustable draglink & panhards
Cheers

Traveller

Sorry mate, forgot all about this one- have just written myself a note to chase up pics for you. Might take a bit longer yet though, I'm crook as a dog at the moment.

Jok

sidewaysvc

zordo so i shouldnt really bother with a combination of dobinson coils and different shocks?
just go dobinson everything?

ZORDO

zordo so i shouldnt really bother with a combination of dobinson coils and different shocks?
just go dobinson everything?

No mate you can run with dobinson coils & other brands of shocks if you choose to.
Dobinson shocks give a slightly hasher ride than some of the other brands.
Cheers

Traveller

Agree with Zordo here, the dobinsons are a bit harsher/stronger than some others. I had Tough Dog 2"
in the front of mine with the foam cell T/D shocks. Coils were meant to be rated for diesel engine with
a winch, but started sagging. The dobinsons I now have came from a mates petrol GQ, who removed
them because the ride was too rough.
Just as a side note, I've put mine over weighbridges and pretty much have 700kg on every wheel.

sidewaysvc

yer was keen on something adjustable like the td 45mm but few guys been saying they shit then was thinking the rancho but you guys saying the dobinson ones are sweet so might just do that