Yokohama thoughts

Silver_Bruiser

Hi all
I am currently running Cooper A/Ts on my 100 series and am looking at the Yokohama G011 A/T + II – All Terrain.
Anybody got any sound advice on these, I need an all round tyre thats not going to cost a fortune as it does a lot of Ks on the black stuff and I plan to get a second set of wheels for off road.

Richard

Hey Mate,
I don't have any experience jet - but I'm going to put the Geolandar M/T + on - in the end of July... I read heaps of stuff about Yokohama and got really keen to check them out...
Co'z they are not that common in Australia - I read in American and European User Ratings... some blokes use them even for competitions....
anyway - good luck with them ;o)

cheers

Tom

V8 4runner

I use the Yokohama geolander A/T
they are bl00dy fantastic.
to give you a comparison....
other guys in the 4wd club have identical vehicles to me.... with 1 difference being tyre choice.
I was constantly getting 550 kms per tank, where everyone else were getting 450 kms per tank.
big difference I know.

so to confirm this I gave them to a mate who has done a heap of melbourne to adelaide trips.
he got 100 kms further per tank on my tyres than he had always done on his.
so in short..... go for it

cheers

feral fourbee

any of the brand tyres are pricey...
as i found out when i went ant brought a set of bridgestone
l/ts 694 [275/ 65/ 17]

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
I have the BFG AT and they have been great. V8 4runner gives a good recommendation and interesting results on economy. Will be interested to see the difference it causes on your 4by

country boy

Hi guys just found this forum and i was going through the tyres section and found this thread so guys can you guys tell me how you went with the Yokohama Ats ?cheers

Yota

Yokohama Geolandar AT-S

I narrowed my choice of tyres for the surf down to three The Dunlop Grandtrek AT3, Yoko AT-S GO-12 and Bridgestone D/D 694 The AT3 was the cheapest next the Yoko and then the Bridgestone. The Surf had the Yoko GO-11 on it and to tell the truth even though pretty well worn they still held on well. With the promise of a good company discount from Firestone /Bridgestone that would bring the price down closer to the other two brands I elected to go with the Bridgestones as the Yoko GO-12 was not available at the time and was at least two months away. Unfortunately the discount was not as good as F/B said it would be in the end the Bridgestones cost me another $60 a tyre more than both the Yoko's or the AT3 and $20 a tyre more than F/B's original quote . My mate fitted AT3's to his surf (same model and year as mine) after me warning him about F/B service. I originally believed that the 694 was a better product but now am not so sure after driving my mates vehicle on a few occasions. Grip in the dry and wet on all surfaces seems to be pretty much the same. While the 694 is no worse than the other tyres I would have issues with dealing with F/B again just for there lack of customer service which is not the first time I have had problems with them. Giving you a quote a week before then bumping the price of each tyre up $20 at the time of payment is not a way of getting repeat business.
If I had to go through getting tyres again I would most probably go for the Yoko AT-S.

Mudguts

Im running the Yokohama G012 AT/S, mustve done nearly 20K kms on them now and wearing well. Theyre very quiet and very good in the wet Ive found. Not so good in a mud pit, but you wouldnt expect that.. yeah no complaints.