yobboford/Rob/Bertie how ever you may know him farewell boys trip 16/17/18-jan2015

coolumbla

thanks red GU

the issue is not how to get to the dam but there seemed to be a few camps around there

Im trying to catch up with some friends on the way , the lunch friend i haven't seen forever so I'm trying to keep it flexible

Seems the signs will get me there

should i take wood in or is there stuff around?

SHane

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yeah sweet it's easy to find you won't miss us
That be great if you got a little wood on the way in we'll do a wood run Friday arvo I'd say but the more the better

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well the 76 won't be making the trip, getting a little dicked around with broken axle situation.

So I've hit up Eddy and Copper, they're gunna make room in the Challenger for me.

So I'll see you all sometime Saturday!

bugsy

Yeah it's official, I'm out. Pretty filthy that I won't get to see Rob off before his big trip but will hopefully see the bloke again some time in the near future. Happy travels to all others attending and sorry for not being able to make it. Enjoy it for me, as I'm sure you all will.

Sorry to here you cant it Ian look forward to catching you on another trip

I'm out also. I'll catch up with you at sporties Rob.
No dramas Jason have a good weekend champ.

As you both aware if something changes you guys are both more than welcome to just rock up more than welcome cheers kris

List updated

coolumbla

Well the 76 won't be making the trip, getting a little dicked around with broken axle situation.

So I've hit up Eddy and Copper, they're gunna make room in the Challenger for me.

So I'll see you all sometime Saturday!

i don't believe that car exists!
I've only seen you in someone else's car!

SHane

surfboy

sorry guys, couldn`t make it... will def catch up on the next one,
have fun rob, its been a pleasure wheeling with you, im sure we will catch up again

cheers

devo73

Banned
Well that was great weekend!! Some hard driving, only a bit of damage considering the conditions, a few cans at 2 excellent nights around the fire even though a few weary heads were seen very early the 2nd night lol, new faces......cant wait for a trip report and a few pics to go up.

Well done to all of the guys for getting through the weekend safely after a few hairy moments and nearly a lost vehicle :eek:

All the best for the around Oz trip Bert, keep the family safe and enjoy your country mate :)

devo73

Banned
Just a couple of pics this morning after the 2nd nights camp at Stewarts Crossing.

Attachments

• DSC_0499a resized.jpg
    DSC_0499a resized.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0504a resized.jpg
    DSC_0504a resized.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

coolumbla

great weekend guys

Interesting to see what the Gu could go through and exactly how far it could lean on an angle! 45 degrees i think!

did the jeep ever go beyond about 10 degrees?

what did i learn?
you can never have too much of a check list in a recovery situation!

SHane

Wang

Was a great weekend. Good tracks good people good fun:)

I have some photos to post when a trip report go up if anyone doesn't want pic of there cars posted online please let me know.

Jeep_jk112

great weekend guys

Interesting to see what the Gu could go through and exactly how far it could lean on an angle! 45 degrees i think!

did the jeep ever go beyond about 10 degrees?

what did i learn?
you can never have too much of a check list in a recovery situation!

SHane
Haha nup!
Wonder who is doing the report, I think we are still all buggered from saturday.
Great trip, good to see faces new and old come from far and wide to wish a top bloke well on his adventure!
I challenge to see a 76 dual cab on a tighter track then fathead (will) drove with us!

Cheers
Matt

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421574945205.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421574945205.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 87

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
Big thanks to everyone that turned up and made it a great weekend
there was a few hiccups and one very big near miss coursed by yours truly but as usual the comratery and mate ship shown between these great people got us through.
I didn't get any pics but looking forward to seeing anyone else's