yobboford/Rob/Bertie how ever you may know him farewell boys trip 16/17/18-jan2015

billolga

Yeah thats OK for you Jaye in the mighty Zuke but what about poor Bert in the Dmax with his 31" At's ;) He struggled to pick a decent line in the 80 and that beast still made him look good...what hope is he now?

No pear group pressure, we all do what were comfortable with like I did at Coolendel.;)

yobboford

32" a/t's, get it right...... lol

I think i will be slipping and sliding quite a bit, I went for the bridgestone duelers which are more of a highway type a/t compared to a lot of the more aggresive a/t's out there. But better suited to the big trip so i will see how they go...

Wang

32" a/t's, get it right...... lol

I think i will be slipping and sliding quite a bit, I went for the bridgestone duelers which are more of a highway type a/t compared to a lot of the more aggresive a/t's out there. But better suited to the big trip so i will see how they go...

Looks like I'll be in the patrol so im in the same boat as you but 31" A/Ts
unless i pull my finger out this week and fix the fuel pump in the rocky:rolleyes:

Toddyh

Yep will still go ahead if it's in a real bad state on the day will do a group vote about the track and if so there is plenty of other tracks to drive but can't see an issue at this stage

Cool. I've never done it so just going off what others say. I'll trust you guys. Looking forward to it. What time do you think you will get going saturday? We probably won't get down that way until around 11am saturday.

bugsy

Cool. I've never done it so just going off what others say. I'll trust you guys. Looking forward to it. What time do you think you will get going saturday? We probably won't get down that way until around 11am saturday.
As you know Todd we wouldn't want to lead a group up any track where we would think there would be a high chance of damage to trucks. So we will play safe either way but the track does drain fairly well as you will see buy the ruts up the middle which mind you are the fun parts anyway. Not sure as of yet what time we will head off sat morning but you would catch up with us fairly quickly anyway and there is good UHF reception there also plus will pm you my mobile number aswell.By the time we have breakfast and a play on the powerlines, Wombat flats,ect on the way to monkey gum I think by your time will alright anyhow.I'm thinking you would be better off going through Nowra turn right onto Braidwood rd then right onto deans gap rd then left onto mint bush and we wouldn't to far away anyone please correct if I'm wrong direction wise? Cheers kris

Last edited:

bugsy

well that horrible thing knowen as work looks like it may get in the way for me on this one. im not arriving back from melbourne untill about mid day saturday so looks like im going to have to miss out on an amazing trip
Sorry hear that axle bummer when that thing gets in the way. If something changes you know where we will be anyway cheers

Jaye

As you know Todd we wouldn't want to lead a group up any track where we would think there would be a high chance of damage to trucks. So we will play safe either way but the track does drain fairly well as you will see buy the ruts up the middle which mind you are the fun parts anyway. Not sure as of yet what time we will head off sat morning but you would catch up with us fairly quickly anyway and there is good UHF reception there also plus will pm you my mobile number aswell.By the time we have breakfast and a play on the powerlines, Wombat flats,ect on the way to monkey gum I think by your time will alright anyhow.I'm thinking you would be better off going through Nowra turn right onto Braidwood rd then right onto deans gap rd then left onto mint bush and we wouldn't to far away anyone please correct if I'm wrong direction wise? Cheers kris
Yeah thats the easiest to get in. Monkey gum isn't the longest track, but depending on conditions can take a while, but still think there's plenty of wheeling can be done Saturday.

bugsy

Howed you end up going with the jimmy's issues after the Vic trip all fixed, hope you had no more issues jaye ?

Jaye

Howed you end up going with the jimmy's issues after the Vic trip all fixed, hope you had no more issues jaye ?

All good bud, fixed transfer case actuator and put a new tail shaft in last weekend. Hopefully be problem free

Toddyh

Yep no worries. My plan was the head along Yalwal Road from Nowra and down Deans Gap Road. Should hopefully catch you guys on the UHF from there.

coolumbla

dumb question from someone who's never been there
dam campsite is easy to find ?
wood situation?

I'm assuming theres no fire ban?

Wang

dumb question from someone who's never been there
dam campsite is easy to find ?
wood situation?

I'm assuming theres no fire ban?

Which way you coming from and when you think you'll get there. It is pretty easy to find im sure someone can talk you in or come and find you.

Jeep_jk112

Cant miss it
Heading south on the princess hwy cross the shoalhaven river, turn right onto albatross rd/ kalander st (archer hotel will be on the left)
Follow that through 2 round abouts then turn right onto yalwal rd, after around 15 k's you will veer left onto the dirt to stay on yalwal rd (signs will indicate its the way to yalwal dam)
Then just stay straight on that dirt road till you end up at the dam!
Can't say how long the dirt stretch is as its been to long, usually in top nick tho...
Easiest campground to get to!

underdog

Yeah it's official, I'm out. Pretty filthy that I won't get to see Rob off before his big trip but will hopefully see the bloke again some time in the near future. Happy travels to all others attending and sorry for not being able to make it. Enjoy it for me, as I'm sure you all will.

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yet again the weather mans got it wrong we've had bugger all rain this week and it's looking like a hot weekend