Yet another noobie.

Aza013

G'day everyone
Firstly great forum, lots of good info to read.
I'm Aza and I drive a 2012 Mitsubishi challenger. I have had it now for approx one year and am starting to set it up for the great off road adventures.
At this point I have put on new KO2's, a temp orcome uhf (just to keep me connected) recovery tracks and straps.
Things on the list to get/do are..... bullbar & winch, snorkel, lift kit and also set up an off road trailer/camper. There will be other things to do but it's all I can think of now lol.

Tink

Welcome to Earth. The suspension upgrade is the first and best upgrade I do to a new fourbie. Best value mod by far.
Tink

Aza013

Thanks for the welcome :)
Is there any good 4x4 shops around the Syd area that you would recommend for equipment?
Or are they all on par with each other?

Airstrike

Thanks for the welcome :)
Is there any good 4x4 shops around the Syd area that you would recommend for equipment?
Or are they all on par with each other?
what's your definition of good haha?
The big leading market brands are the same nationwide with ARB and TJM, good quality gear with people who know what they are doing and can fit them too
there's also Ironman and Opposite Lock
those are if you're looking to mod your vehicle, they all sell camping gear too but I rather spend my money on camping gear @ BCF or Anaconda

Aza013

Thanks for the info.
I did have a look in a ARB shop, after 45 mins of looking around and standing at counter not one of the staff asked if they could help me.
I was the only one in the store and there was 5 staff members.
They do have great equipment but they need to work on customer service.

Airstrike

Thanks for the info.
I did have a look in a ARB shop, after 45 mins of looking around and standing at counter not one of the staff asked if they could help me.
I was the only one in the store and there was 5 staff members.
They do have great equipment but they need to work on customer service.
aww no way man, sorry to hear that. I've only been to ARB twice just to see what they have and asked a few questions about camping accessories, both the times they approached me and gave a bunch of information, even got some magazines too
this was ARB Wentworthville
which one did you go to?

Aza013

Thanks for the welcom
I'm looking forward to getting out on a club event and meet some members.

Aza013

G'day everyone
Just a quick question.
What uhf channel should I have set as a standard for 4wding?
The standard uhf radio channel allocation list said channel 10, but I'm interested to see what the 4wd community really uses.

Superdad

G'day everyone
Just a quick question.
The standard uhf radio channel allocation list said channel 10, but I'm interested to see what the 4wd community really uses.

hi mate

Just google "UHF channels AUSTRALIA" so you know what to stay on and off. For trips, a channel is allocated at the beginning - not really a standard channel everyone uses. FYI - i have never used channel 10...

Re a shop - there is a difference between manufacturer and the actual mechanic you use to install the gear. Might want to share your location for referrals to a good mechanic.

Airstrike

G'day everyone
Just a quick question.
I'm on channel 10 with mates
when I drive up the freeway, I jump on 29 to listen on any accidents or traffic (plenty of them during this crazy holiday period)