Yarra Glen to Buxton perfect for beginners!!

Angeloioc

Hiya Doug

The last thing i want to do is rain down on your parade as they say :eek:..But there's a few things to take into consideration..When your out in the bush doesn't mean you can do as you please just because other guys are doing it...This site has a TREAD LIGHTLY policy and its exactly what it means...Try and leave a minimum footprint as you can..

Bog holes attract like Pigs in Sh!t..I avoid them at all cost unless its a point A to B situation..Usually they smell like sewer and will put unnecessary stress on your Vehicle possibly flooding your vehicle with it if you get stuck.If there is a workaround or chicken track as they say i will take it....

A friend and i went North of Woods Point one Easter,It was the first day and we went down a steep rocky track...I said do we go back up it to prove a useless point and possibly a CV joint,panel damage etc etc and possibly wreck the Holiday or do we go to the other track that's easy and stay out here longer (so we did the latter) and had an awesome extra 3 days finding new camp areas and mines etc etc...

Mate i am not perfect and have made some mistakes over the years (i try and learn from them) but i try and think of others now as Tracks are being gated CLOSED at a fair rate...Oh and dont drive down closed tracks either just because others do..;)

Glad you found a track you had fun on...:);)

Goodluck..

I second that.

I think there is one thing to always remember. this is a public site, thousands of people are going to read what you type! many may comment, Im sure evryone knows that, therefore they should and mostly are open to receiving all sorts of differing opinions, (as does happen).

As it is written words its hard to interprite how and what they really mean as you dont hear the tone of voice or see their expession.
I dont think anybody is wrong and swaggie was just offering a few tips, but could come across sounding harse, its all good, just realx :)

Now if you understood that you dun well. :eek:

Frug

Welcome to your new hobby, i can see that you wont be driving a Subaru for long. You have the bug, and it cant be stopped. 4wding is also about challenges. Can i make it up this hill? Can i drive this track? While also being about getting to places that most people never see like the high country. It was a good vid you posted too. It shows how much the navigator needs to learn about the cars capabilities as the driver.
Enjoy it!

Hi there FATXAGT!!

Yep, the bug has burrowed into my head and is re-wiring my brain!! I'm into Mountain Biking, and i've always said to my wife "Mountain biking is an expensive hobby, but at least i'm not into cars...." Oh no!!! Haha.

I'm driving and car and my mate has more experience than me. I'm super keen to get more experience, hence investigating 4wd courses.

Cheers
D

PK Kitchens

Hey PK.

Yeah, we could see about 8 drivers trying to get up the other side. We were stuck at the tree for about 20mins, trying not to roll my car! Had a bunch of guys go past, on their way down the trail. We continued through the tree and headed over towards Buxton.

Cheers
D

Lol that was us. The 8 cars that is. Fully modded things. Massive lifts and tyres. Lol. You should of yelled out. Could of said hi.
Your talking about the Sunday that just went arnt you?

PK

Last edited:

Frug

Lol that was us. The 8 cars that is. Fully modded things. Massive lifts and tyres. Lol. You should of yelled out. Could of said hi.
Your talking about the Sunday that just went arnt you?

PK

Hey PK.

Yeah, last Sunday 23rd.

I could only imagine what you guys were thinking as you drove past. Me in my lil stock Suby, thinking just cause I've got an AWD means i can go off road!! Haha! We still had a ball. What was further down that track you were going down? All we could see was the long hill climb on the other side of the valley.

Cheers
D

Swaggie

I think there is one thing to always remember. this is a public site, thousands of people are going to read what you type! many may comment, Im sure evryone knows that, therefore they should and mostly are open to receiving all sorts of differing opinions, (as does happen).

As it is written words its hard to interprite how and what they really mean as you dont hear the tone of voice or see their expession.
I dont think anybody is wrong and swaggie was just offering a few tips, but could come across sounding harse, its all good, just realx :)

Now if you understood that you dun well. :eek:

Your Spot on there mate...;)

Cheers

Paul Patrol

I agree with you slippery that it can be hard to get a handle on peoples opinions in type because of the lack of facial cues etc.

All Frug did was to post that he is new to 4wheel'n & posted an innocent short video of his trip.

I read & re read his post as well as looked at the vid.

I'm yet to find the piece where he asked for advice to be shoved down his throat. That is what I find exception to. & then to be TOLD by the auther that because he decided not to drive up a hill to test his vehicle, that everyone else should do likewise......Pffft to that.

Going back to the face to face conversation thing, if I was having a yarn to a person(s) about my drive in the bush for the 1st time, where we went, what we did etc, & then someone said oh bye the way, you shouldn't do this & that & you should drive like me.....I'd be saying something like, Mate, who in the hell do you think you are? If I wanted your opinion & or advice, I would of asked for it! Then I woulda told him/her to be gone.

The majority of us here on Earth know about "Tread Lightly" & we have accepted that ethos in the agreement which we had to tick.

The LECTURE was un called for.

Sincere apologies Frug for getting my knickers in a knot but this over the top political correctness by some people drives me nuts.

I hope to see ALL of you at some stage on the tracks as we all share a common interest & a love of our environment. That's my last word on this matter.

PK Kitchens

Hey PK.

Yeah, last Sunday 23rd.

I could only imagine what you guys were thinking as you drove past. Me in my lil stock Suby, thinking just cause I've got an AWD means i can go off road!! Haha! We still had a ball. What was further down that track you were going down? All we could see was the long hill climb on the other side of the valley.

Cheers
D

We didn't pass a suby on the tracks. Maybe there was another group behind or in front of us.

PK

tankbloke

4x4 Earth Contributer
The LECTURE was un called for.

Some may see it as a lecture, but most who have been on this site for awhile will know it was well intentioned advice.
Very few on this forum have been as welcoming and helpful to Newbies and anyone who poses a question, than swaggie. His meaningful answers ,and some great links provided to help people, is way better than the nit-picking and b!tch slaps offered by some others.
The last comment is not directed at anyone in particular, so no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist.:)

Last edited: