Yalwal Sunday 6th May 2013

03gallagherj

4:00PM Saturday the 4th May 2013, here I am packing the old beloved Pajero with a few odds and evens to get some lunch out on the trails happening, then 6:00pm it was off to work for the night.

Traveling to work from my place and I look down at the dash, S:eek:T why is my temperature gauge reading high!!! oh well push on to work! Get to work and can see a splatter of coolant in the engine bay, DAMMIT!1!:mad: But wait the engine is cold enough to touch and so is the radiator :confused: oh well check it in the morning :cool:

Morning came and I am meant to be meeting the crew at about 0730am at South Nowra Maccas, nope work calls I end up staying back until almost 10AM. Finish work and check the car to see why it was doing its crazy hotness, well it would bloody well help the system if it had water in it to keep the engine temps down wouldn't it :rolleyes: that fixed and I was on the road.

Arrival at Wombat flats with the crew seemed to take no time at all and it was on for all.
Met a bunch of new faces and seen some familiar ones. At the time I met up with the group they were all climbing the rocksteps, and well Dieselcon of course was wanting to take on the Wombat Flats 'waterfall' once again but this time without winch he said. Well Alright Jose, I guess if you're doing it I've gotta point that Pajero of mine up it too?? Yep you guessed it of course I had to. With Jose on his way screaming sky high and looking good with perfect lines it was only a disappointment to hear a "CHSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH" "You've done a bead" you could hear everyone saying, "Alright well I'll get my compressor and see if its got enough go to pump it back onto the bead" Jose said. Hmmmmm nope thats not working...... "Jose, you've got a hole and a big one in your tyre, I've got my whole hand in it at the moment."

With a quick tyre change almost the whole way up 'The Waterfall' Jose wasn't letting that stop him straight up he went making it look like the M4!!!

Well guess its my go then Jose? Off I went good line straight up little bouncy just like a rabbit right guys? But hey thats just how the Paj works I don't find the traction it finds it for me, really drives itself sometimes. 3 attempts on the top line and she was up.

Off to Monkey gum, now I can't vouch for what happened up front so I will have to let the trip leaders tell that story. But we all managed to climb our way to the top of Monkey guy where a quick bite to eat was had, some stories shared.

We were on our way again and some bog holes on the top of Monkey gum proved no challenge for anyone, not even the KIA!!!

Airing up and a few of us weren't quite done yet so we said are farewells and we were back into it hubs locked and then all of a sudden a stuck patrol...... Wouldn't have been you now would it Wokks ok ok so maybe the mud hole was a little too deep for the tyre size and big diffs the Patrol has I'll give you that one but being pulled out by a Jeep and in a group we don't know? :rolleyes:

Well out of that one now and it was time to do some highway building for the ol patrol to climb a neat little step and what do you know did it with ease. And soon followed the JK which showed just how good they can be.

A little help was given out to some fellow wheelers when their Bravo was finding a little difficulty as was the Prado. quite some time assisting the 4wders and we were off and away back to the black top and the day was over.

All in all a video is coming made by our own Dieselcon (Jose) what a great day meeting new and seeing old friends. I can only say it was a shame that camping wasn't an option.

Last edited:

pbk1776

Thanks for the write up Jackson - just got back home after buying dinner and dropping the wife and kid home so I can clean the navara :)

It's good to go out again with Woks always a great day - however today is an excellent day
Meeting new people and going out with earth people

Really proud with the Suzuki/Kia and the standard bt50

The patrols showed how great wagons they are, but I think the pajero and jeep showed us that they are very capable

The last track is more fun helping another group getting up the rock steps

Nice meeting everyone hopefully photos soon

Wokss

First of all big thank to you all for being in our group today also for letting me lead the day. I hope you enjoyed my way of running the day; it was a great pleasure and thank you all.
What a Gr8 day I met some top new people today, well our day started at South Nowra Maccas, around 08:10 we quick met up then we all headed out to Deans Gap vie a small river crossing I knew up are Fire trail then out on to Dean, then down Mintbush on to Wombat Fats, well down to the river up to the loop, back in the river, then up to navigate our way up thought the rocks gardens, 7 of us up and out two trucks took on the waterfall, the Jeep and the Pajero yes a Pajero well if I did not see it with my own eye, that mad man at the wheel of the Pajero, that poor truck any way it made it up & out under 45 seconds, so we are all now back out and on to, Mintbush again heading of to Monkey Gum, and its getting tuffer with the size of them rocks as you go up the Gum big flex day out, even had a smart little Jimmy come along tricked out truck very nice Jaye, BarKer near new BT50 well done, Raf nice Navara, Dieselcon very capable Jeep as well, once out to Turpentine Rd quick run down to twin river fire trail to some more rocky steps, will the road block started , 5 or so unknown guys we got pass not before I need to be pulled out of that mud hole look on the rock step, most of the guys never been to they rocks steps before, even the chicken track is getting hard now, rock packing in the right places, all the truck got out, even the 6 other track that we court up too, now for a Damage report I think it was one bighorn sidewall, a set of running boards on the Mazda also on the Navara end covers, any think place add it, once again thank you’s all for the day and for allowing me the lead you’s all.
Re: Warrick aka Wok-ss:eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Jaye

Thanks for such an awesome days guys, especially Warrick for leading the way. You guys are all a great bunch of lads (and lady) and I cant wait to do it again some time.

Looking forward to the pics and video lads.

wheeler33

It was actually really great that you popped in behind us today. We all had a great opportunity to learn something from wiser experienced off roaders.

@Wokss, I was that neat white Jeep that tugged you out of the bog ;)

Your rigs were extremely impressive and salivating over the Jeep in your convoy!

Hope you all had a great day and thanks again for the help!

Jaye

I thought I recognised the pates Wheeler33 today and when i was looking over the threds it got me thinking again that I seen the white Jeep around.

BarKer

Thanks for a great day, learned a fair bit and realised that balancing on 2 wheels is not as bad as it seems.. I got some good pics and I'll put them up soon.

Cheers..

pbk1776

It was actually really great that you popped in behind us today. We all had a great opportunity to learn something from wiser experienced off roaders.

Your rigs were extremely impressive and salivating over the Jeep in your convoy!

So you guys are here as well - did you mention it yesterday? I own the navara which the mrs drove the whole day yesterday :)

Yeh wok is a top bloke - owning the navara less than 5 months we learnt a lot from him :)

Great that we bump with you boys - by the way when we left how did you guys go?

wheeler33

So you guys are here as well - did you mention it yesterday? I own the navara which the mrs drove the whole day yesterday :)

Yeh wok is a top bloke - owning the navara less than 5 months we learnt a lot from him :)

Great that we bump with you boys - by the way when we left how did you guys go?

Only I'm a member from our group and I overheard Wok mention your group was from there but never got a chance to just chat because of what was going on lol

Well at least you've got 5 months worth of the truck ;) the navara made easy job of all those rocks!

We just found the nearest road as it was getting late and we all had work this week so we headed back to Sydney.

Good to run into you all and I'll hopefully have a better opportunity to chat next time!

prawns

Great report guys :)

Did you figure out how your radiator dropped all its water 03gallagherj? Hopefully its holding water now for you

Bring on the pics Barker mate :)

Wokss

Thank you for that pot my bar back in it place, also after you pulled me out, I notes’ that I was not in 4WD, i’am glad I pot in back in before that rock step, sham you was not with us at the start, you would have had a ball, thank for allowing me to show you some safe ways of 4wheeling
Re: Warrick.:eek:
PS how you old mate in that old Mazda Ute, your mates had him cross up good in them rock, once again thanks

Jaye

Bit of carnage from Sunday. Found it when washing the Jimny.

O/S rear shock has popped out of the bush and rubbing on the panhard rod
N/S rear bar has pushed up and in. Trying to see how. Think it may have been done trying to pull the GQ out of the bog maybe. Hafta have a go now from the other side to fix it lol

Attachments

• IMG_20130506_101356.jpg
    IMG_20130506_101356.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20130506_101415.jpg
    IMG_20130506_101415.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20130506_101432.jpg
    IMG_20130506_101432.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20130506_101527.jpg
    IMG_20130506_101527.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20130506_101536.jpg
    IMG_20130506_101536.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 108

pbk1776

N/S rear bar has pushed up and in. Trying to see how. Think it may have been done trying to pull the GQ out of the bog maybe. Hafta have a go now from the other side to fix it lol

Should go back where they belong :)
Luckily so far only side steps and the torsion bars in the nav

03gallagherj

Damage report from the Paj, well nothing really. Not that I can tell none of the rattles or creaks have gotten any worse from the trip haha.

Yes thanks again Wok for leading the trip

The rigs on the trip really showed some experience and capability. Its amazing how far you can take a standard car without damage when you take the time to think and pack

03gallagherj

No good mate, can't say i've experienced that happen with the bushings on the Paj's Tough dogs. However I found they wore out way to quick.

Jaye

No good mate, can't say i've experienced that happen with the bushings on the Paj's Tough dogs. However I found they wore out way to quick.
Looks like the eyelet just clipped a rock and popped the shock back off the bush.

Wokss

Hey bud you right fixing that do you need any help sham we did not see it down there, I have spare washers just for when that gos bad, if you need help just let me know bud,
Re: Warrick:eek:

Jaye

Hey bud you right fixing that do you need any help sham we did not see it down there, I have spare washers just for when that gos bad, if you need help just let me know bud,
Re: Warrick:eek:
Thanks for the offer Warrick but I will sort it out no worries.

Wokss

Also you guys from last Sunday, if you would like to see my photos you can look at my Face book page, but if you weren’t there don’t think about it thanks, I will only friend people that I know form my trip, send my your request and have a look I have 15 trip in photos you can check out it
Warrick Todd you will see my Avatar