YALWAL * 6 Stager & Tree Root * 9 - 11th Nov

03gallagherj

Hi all, heading off with a mate of mine to Yalwal for a run around the Tree Root loop, there are a couple of trails on it I would like to shoot on down and see if they come to a dead end of go somewhere of interest. Hopefully Saturday arvo will be a run up to 6 Stager with a red hot go in mind. We got a 84 4Runner up there last time we went so time to tackle it with a few more cars and TRY not do What Rocket55's mates did and bust diffs and Axles :eek:;):D:rolleyes:

TIME: Late Friday the 9th Arrival at Camp
DATE: Friday 9th November --> Sunday 11th November
CAMP: Wombat Flats camping ground, close to all trails ;)
UHF: Ch 25 (sorry Matt not using 26)
REQUIREMENTS:
  • Vehicles must have at least one locker, or at least a bloody good LSD which could pass off as a locker
  • Decent lift
  • Sliders or other protection unless you don't mind damage
  • Recovery Gear
  • Competent drivers
  • Good sense of humour a must!
  • Sense of adventure
  • ability to cop some flack but dish it out just as good ;)

ATTENDING:
  1. 03Gallagherj *Pajero* - Confirmed
  2. Llewellyn * Sierra* - Confirmed
  3. Bugsy - Lux - Confirmed
  4. Blake (bwalsh) - D-Max - Confirmed
  5. Shane - Toy 80 - OUT
  6. Adam - Ranger - OUT
  7. Jose - Toy JK - Pending
  8. Matt - JK - Pending
  9. Myall - Pending
  10. .

Last edited:

03gallagherj

Couple of Photos of where we will be headed - They wouldn't upload as an attachment

558203_10151179358135993_726325768_n.jpg

309285_10151179356995993_2117116465_n.jpg

717383_376626_10151179361365993_287776385_n.jpg

03gallagherj

haha Well the section that it is about to drive, yes but on a nice angle towards the rock on the passenger side of the 4wd.
The hill that everyone talks about is where I am standing taking the photo from looks a little like this

944945_431070_10151179358520993_1492718390_n.jpg

It is driveable, we didn't attempt to drive it just nosed the front up and winched to save the truck in case something bad did happen.

[youtube]qFBoxzo3wLE[/youtube]​

Last edited:

03gallagherj

Yeah and you think it would be just for comp trucks its even worse in the flesh I'll have to do a service on the good ol winch before then.

Shame you don't have a truck anymore would have been great for you to see it. Hopefully I'll have a good turnout of people on this trip and if no just less cars to get up the 6 stager lol

yobboford

Its my ten year wedding anniversary on the 9th, what do you reckon the chances of me being there are??? lol.

Next time I will be there for sure.

bugsy

We still don't believe you married Rob .lol.
So no excuse

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

03gallagherj

Its my ten year wedding anniversary on the 9th, what do you reckon the chances of me being there are??? lol.

Next time I will be there for sure.

We still don't believe you married Rob .lol.
So no excuse

Well I certainly have no proof Rob, and wedding ring doesn't count as Proof, no excuses then for Saturday is what you're saying right? Thats alright because we aren't hitting the tracks until Saturday gives you heaps of time ;)

bugsy

No excuses will most likely come down after finish work sat morning around 9 ish for sat night for some wheeling but the hilux won't be going any where near 6 stage will drive in from the top and watch you guys break your trucks.tree root and areas sound good though cheers bugsy

03gallagherj

Sounds good to me mate ;) we will just have to designate a meet up spot at a certain time, we'll be out on the tracks around 8:30 im hoping. What time if you're coming would you imagine you'd arrive? Just so we know if we're going to play around the campsite area seems as you're keen to do tree root etc

Rocket55

really shocks me i thought only comp trucks would get up there.

hope you guys have a great trip :)

Haha. Don't let the looks deceive you, that Hilux in the video is virtually a comp truck without the bar work around the cab. About the only thing standard in that truck is "some" of the body panels and I think the center console :eek: everything else about it is pure off road weaponry :cool:

Sounds like a good option Bugsy, drive around to the top and lube up the winch ;)

03gallagherj

Hey guys :D Great weekend at Son of Trials! can you just confirm if you are keen for this weekend or not so I can confirm you on the list :p

Wabbit

Hey guys :D Great weekend at Son of Trials! can you just confirm if you are keen for this weekend or not so I can confirm you on the list :p

hey mate i would love to come but have to shoot the queens in act on sat what about i turn up sat night

03gallagherj

hey mate i would love to come but have to shoot the queens in act on sat what about i turn up sat night

Shoot the queens?

Sat night you're more than welcome to come, wont be much wheeling happening Sunday though, Sats the wheeling day and drinking night ;)

bugsy

Chuck me in the list Jackson won't get down on sat till around 10ish though. I will find you guys though as long as I have a rough idea where you might be? what channel ? cheers bugsy

03gallagherj

Chuck me in the list Jackson won't get down on sat till around 10ish though. I will find you guys though as long as I have a rough idea where you might be? what channel ? cheers bugsy

Hey Bugz, will be unreal to have you out on the tracks around 10 we would probably be coming back into Wombat flats via the rocksteps.....

Will be running channel 25 UHF as per usual when im out and about ;)

Just give us a hoy and hopefully we'll be able to catch you mate