y62

callmejoe

Please make a thread y62 also. I can be the only owner?

Absolutely Not, there a few on here but not many,
there are a few Facecrap pages but I'm not on that.
At least on here we get to banter a bit. At times thick skin required.
Taken my Y62 plenty of places, and as @boobook said, Liven the dream.

netarch

Agreed it is the only 4wd i have had that puts a smile on my face on road as well as off road. Its size is a little to large but aside from that it has been a great car.

discomatt

Ah and another thread turns into a how good Toyota is, oh no not really just couldn't help myself :p
Y62's are a awesome beast but man they are big, not sure how they would go on many HC tracks

Albynsw

When the Y62 first came out I thought they looked hideous ( thought that about the current Hilux too) but over time it grows on you and I don’t mind them now.
There is one that often drives past my place often with an exhaust on it and sounds real sweet

netarch

with scratchs

Yes bush barriers or similar protection is a must buy. I never thought i would buy one originally and i spent a few night worrying about diesel/petrol, buying a Patrol etc. But i have to say I still have a smile every time i hit the loud pedal something that never occurred in any of my previous 4wd's. I look forward to revisiting the HC tracks once I have put on the necessary bits of safety/recover gear on the car. But straight off the showroom it made short work of the Victorian deserts and the dunes there.

callmejoe

I hate the bush barriers, that make the vehicle even larger, and personally the way I drive my last set took a hiding and I still bented the guards in from flex, so in my eyes over rated, and good luck with every day parking. I personally don't like the way the look either.
Definitely get some decent rock slides or the likes thou to protect the door seals. I also went a rear solid bar (kaymar as thats all that was available at the time). Wouldn't be without out it, if I still had the original I'm not sure which track I would have lost it.

CTL

I hate the bush barriers, that make the vehicle even larger, and personally the way I drive my last set took a hiding and I still bented the guards in from flex, so in my eyes over rated, and good luck with every day parking. I personally don't like the way the look either.
Definitely get some decent rock slides or the likes thou to protect the door seals. I also went a rear solid bar (kaymar as thats all that was available at the time). Wouldn't be without out it, if I still had the original I'm not sure which track I would have lost it.
Arne’t Bush Barriers just a magnetic stick on about 2mm thick?...

netarch

Arne’t Bush Barriers just a magnetic stick on about 2mm thick?...
yes the barriers i was talking about are like big fridge magnets cut to cover the side of the car. They don't cover it 100% but they sure do stop a lot of the pin striping on a tight track. I had a kaymar on the last car and overall i was happy with it. However the high lift jack points were to small to use with a high lift extreme jack and they also have arcane limitations such as saying they are only allowed to carry max 33" tyres on the y62 bar. So i ordered a Raslarr one.

boobook

This could be interesting. The y62 sales have been going through the roof over the last few years.