XTM Air Compressor - is she broke?

Hey guys,

Have any of you got the XTM Air Compressor? I just bought one and went to have a play with it tonight. Dropped the psi down to 20psi with my deflator and attached the Compressor hose which as soon as I turned on wound up on the gauge to 50psi. This was with the screw connector. I swapped over to the thumb connector and tried again, this time it wound up to 75psi and start sounding like it was labouring. Should I just take the hose and gauge back to BCF, or is this more an issue with my valves?

Thanks guys

Petunia

Jamb the thumb connector on enough to depress the core of the valve? To me it sounds like you are just pumping air in the hose, not into the tyre? I may be mistaken? :cool:

Hoyks

If the compressor is running and working correctly, then the gauge will be well above what is actually in the tyre.

The gauge is measuring the pressure in the hose and this must be high or it won't push air into the tyre. You need to turn the compressor off for a couple of seconds to allow hose and tyre pressures to equalise to get an accurate reading.

If the compressor is running and working correctly, then the gauge will be well above what is actually in the tyre.

The gauge is measuring the pressure in the hose and this must be high or it won't push air into the tyre. You need to turn the compressor off for a couple of seconds to allow hose and tyre pressures to equalise to get an accurate reading.

Brilliant, thanks mate. Sounds like operator error then!

Albynsw

Also do you have the vehicle running when using the compressor? They put a fair load on the battery and you can hear them running better with motor on