Written Off My 4x4

DocHollowPoint

Hi Everyone

Had some bad luck with my 4x4 yesterday when it rolled over a ledge and landed on its side. Its in a pretty remote place and now have to start with the insurance. NO ONE WAS HURT. As far as I can tell from the damage its not going to buff out, ever...:eek:

Just want to know if anyone here has any stories, advice or info they would like to share so I know what I might be in for. I know that I'm insured to be of road and have been told by Budget that they will take care of everything if any thing like this happens......????????

Any help with the mentioned insurance company would be helpful.

Thanks

Sadly with a tear in my eye:(

Doc

MawsonSnow

Just make sure the 4x4 wasnt overloaded.. Or they will turn around and say that lead to the rollover.. Ive read about that alot when people have put heaps of gear on the roof and the insurance company rejected the claim.

Sorry for the loss mate

Chin up.

Cheers sean

Jeep_jk112

Hi Everyone

Had some bad luck with my 4x4 yesterday when it rolled over a ledge and landed on its side. Its in a pretty remote place and now have to start with the insurance. NO ONE WAS HURT. As far as I can tell from the damage its not going to buff out, ever...:eek:

Just want to know if anyone here has any stories, advice or info they would like to share so I know what I might be in for. I know that I'm insured to be of road and have been told by Budget that they will take care of everything if any thing like this happens......????????

Any help with the mentioned insurance company would be helpful.

Thanks

Sadly with a tear in my eye:(

Doc

Pics??????
Where did it happen mate
Also sorry for your loss mate.
I would personally have tried getting any modifications you can, off it whilst where it is....
insurance mob might not cover it 100% whilst taking the parts, or worse some one strips here before recovery

DocHollowPoint

I'm covered for all mods like the gas, bars, lights and so on. It was just a short trip from a mates place in the Blue Mountains so all that was in the car was McDonnalds cups and fries from 2005, wifes shoes and some kids toys....

Cheers

Doc

Jeep_jk112

Don't say a word where it is until it is recovered..You dont know who reads this site....Glad everyone is ok as the stuff can be replaced..no doubt a serious lesson learnt...

All the best..

Yeh i thought this also........
Blue mountains is a big area, so if you could umm narrow my search a little bit....
Nah just kidding mate

I'm covered for all mods like the gas, bars, lights and so on. It was just a short trip from a mates place in the Blue Mountains so all that was in the car was McDonnalds cups and fries from 2005, wifes shoes and some kids toys....

Cheers

Doc

Good to hear doc

Barney2803

I hit a tree in my STR ute on a shooting trip, in reverse, and at night. i claimed through my broker with Allianz, and no issues at all. Being a shooting trip, on private property, no roads etc etc i expected a heap of red tape. No questions like: prove you weren't drunk, prove you didn't do it deliberately etc etc. it was drivable but chassis was twisted and a chassis rail off parallel. Drove it 100km home, took it to smash repairer for assessment and he looked at it for half a second and said "it's f@cked!" Was pretty funny actually. I had to leave it there and then, pretty standard really so you can't strip it of all your mods, then within a few days I had Allianz call and negotiate the market value, and a payout cheque was in the mail a week later. Was surprisingly way easy and quick. As I had no finance on it, they sent a cheque, but if its financed, they'll probably pay the finance company. I also for some stupid reason had gone market instead of agreed value, never again! I got $19 for it, but agreed would have been $23k.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jaye

You'll be right Doc.

When ya get it sorted we will need to get some more info and see some pics. All in good time though.

DocHollowPoint

So far the insurance have been great. They have arranged to get it recovered and now its sitting in a holding yard out the back of Oberon. It took them 10 hours + to get it back along the 16k track. AWESOME TRACK BTW. Still have to see what happens next after they assess the damage. We just put a roof cage and a 40 inch light bar on top and got them covered.. We found the cage undamaged and the light bar is gone, nowhere to be found. Starting to think that it flew into the bush or is in a tree being used as a reading light for possums.

Cheers

Doc

307948_10151298015327543_1585521231_n.jpg

Barney2803

Woah that's pretty well done over! Glad your all ok though and you had taken the time to get those few extra mods insured, it certainly pays!

bbuchel

Looking at the pic, some serious scratches there, good thing nobody hurt :)
I get the impression it is going to be regarded as a write-off.
Cheers,
Brett

Cuzzo

I can't rap Budget enough. I had 2 former apprentices take my old 2007 fully kitted out Hilux home one Friday night, long story but I needed the vehicle they usually would have driven home. Anyway they thought it'd be good to rip some circle work in a paddock, rolled it & then wait for it......torched it. Needless to say they don't work for me now. Budget were awesome, I was seriously concerned that they would not cover it. They were charged with theft, arson etc & Budget chased them for the $$$ & I was covered.

DSzuke

Don't say a word where it is until it is recovered..You dont know who reads this site....Glad everyone is ok as the stuff can be replaced..no doubt a serious lesson learnt...

All the best..

Is it safe to ask where this happened now that it is recovered?

I have my suspicions given where the holding yard is and am heading that way in a few weeks time ;)

Sorry to see your damage but glad no-one was hurt.

Patriot

Administrator
Hey Doc,

Looks, some serious damage there, hope everything goes well with Budget and really glad you got out OK. It scares the crap out of you when your in a rollover like that.

James

muc the truck

have they paid you out yet?

All i did was email photos of my wreck to shannons and i was paid out in under a week.

Last edited:

DocHollowPoint

We headed in from Hampton off All Flats Rd and ended up on the other side of Olive Mountain S33.62639 E149.97924 in Google Earth.
Is it safe to ask where this happened now that it is recovered?

I have my suspicions given where the holding yard is and am heading that way in a few weeks time ;)

have they paid you out yet?

Not yet. They are inspecting it in the morning and will be ringing me in the afternoon.
It would be helpful to hear about your story of interacting with the insurer.
Thanks
No problems Gerry as soon as Im done I will do a thread on it.

Thanks everyone.

Doc