Would you pay $80K for the new Ford Ranger Raptor?

Would you pay $80K for the new Ford Ranger Raptor

• I'd pay whatever to get one of these beasts!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Hell Yes

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Sounds about right

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • A bit too expensive for me

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Not with a 2.0 Diesel

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • Tell em their dreaming!

Votes: 96 65.3%

• Total voters

shanegtr

Well you wouldnt choose a raptor to start with anyway due to the reduced payload over the standard ranger

Albynsw

He doesn’t have much negative things to say about it.
He did contradict himself though, earlier in the video he said it is a lifestyle truck not a tourer and then at the end he was talking about stretching one and putting an alucab camper on it as a tourer

They look a lot better with the bigger wheels on it, the guards look too hungry with the standard wheels

Bomber2012

Seems that bloke is very happy with the raptor and for 80k you would want to be happy after only 12 months , I'm more interested in what it will be like in 10 years ?

discomatt

Seems that bloke is very happy with the raptor and for 80k you would want to be happy after only 12 months , I'm more interested in what it will be like in 10 years ?
Why? it will be like ALL modern cars Unreliable falling to pieces and nothing but maintenance , do some reseach on any car and around the 2-300,000km mark they all need big bucks thrown at them

Bomber2012

What year is your Lux? Not a modern car I am guessing , I bet a new Lux wont do that...
New 70 series will still be good in 10 years , cost around a bout a Raptor price , not all new cars are time bombs . Ahhhh but isn't that the "Toyota tax" all non toyota people speak about ?? My lux is an 06 , in toyota terms still a modern car , only 1 engine change since .

discomatt

So yours is now 14 years old, how much maintenance does it need to keep it like new? New gaskets, bushes , alternator, starter and the list will go on.
There are even examples of LR still running believe it or not but the fact is things wear out regardless of brand.
I don't have a crystal ball so can not make comment on the latest Lux and how it will be in 10 years so I will assume it will wear out like all cars
Or maybe you summed it up with the comment "in Toyota terms" they do stay reliable because they are so slow to pick up new tech and stay with the old proven bits as long as they can which I guess is a good thing if you want to pay that well known tax for 10 - 15 year old car tech which is the case with the 70.
Or is your Lux still reliable but loose as a goose, squeaks and rattles wonders around on bumpy roads with a few vibrations thrown into the mix?
I have driven plenty of cars there owners have loved and been happy with and say how great and reliable they are but are nothing but a worn out death trap , but hey they still start and stop every day so they are great.
I am happy that you have had such a great run out of the Lux and are so happy with it