Wooramel woes

billolga

4x4 Earth Contributer
Another good one.
-------------
Murchison to Mt Augustus, that brings back memories of one of our trips - you know how it goes with the sun going down & you can't get off the road, the River is over on the left (Dry) with the Wife & I getting edgy & then I saw it! - An empty Beer can on the end of a dry branch on the side of the road, GREAT!
Stopped the vehicle & doubled back to find wheel tracks through the grass which we followed to one of the best camp spots of the whole trip.:cool::)

billolga

4x4 Earth Contributer
Were there any flowers around Mt Augustus this year? The first time I did a trip there there were heaps but the next trip nothing.
It needs a good winter rain in autumn, winter.

sharkcaver

It was an awesome year for flowers, however we were too late. Coalseam was blanketed with dead stuff. It would have been damn impressive a month or so ago.

dno67

Geez, ol mates ravioli must have been tough to slip with the knife hacking a steak from his digit. Iol
Simple things going wrong, can really change the outcome of a trip. Glad it
wasn't to too serious.
Great video and trip, looking forward to
the next.

sharkcaver

I cant remember what he was cutting at the time, maybe the vac seal bag? but boy, didn't it bleed. You are right, when crap goes down, plans change. but a bit of ingenuity goes a long way to keep on track. Lucky, I've only had one show stopper on a trip. Even this one was patched up:

But a fuel pump failure a few years later was lights out :(

Your battery dropping the ball at the Wooramel may have been a blessing in disguise. We called into Bilung Pool on the way back from the Kennedy Ranges and were only there for half an hour and got eaten alive by midgies. I spent the next week or so at home fighting the urge to scratch my skin off. Mind you, that was in July so they had probably all been roasted by the time you came through.

Last edited:

sharkcaver

@RainmanWA I just returned tonight from another 11 days up there.....Bugger me, I didn't break anything but records this time. No doubt, another trip report coming. The first 5 days, nothing under 40 degrees...Grrrrr