Wonnangatta Couple from Drouin ??

boobook

Apparently the police gave up today with no conclusion. Very sad for the people involved, their friends and family as well as 4wders, hunters and campers in general.

IMHO it is also a sad day for the valley. It may add to the 'mystery' story and make the whole place more popular with travellers, eventually closing this area for safety reasons when inexperienced travelers get in trouble.

SmAsh_6861

There's a lot going on in this now. Homicide squad detectives are up there and they can also confirm that Hill had a $2000 drone with him that's missing.

The longer this goes on, the more I'm starting to think there's some foul play here.

Speaking of people missing, what ever became of the guy last year who got out of bed in his suburban Melbourne home at 3am and drove to Mt Buller never to be seen again? Remember they found his car on the side of the road? Makes you wonder

Warby

There's a lot going on in this now. Homicide squad detectives are up there and they can also confirm that Hill had a $2000 drone with him that's missing.
Probably a DJI Mavic 2 at that price point... nothing out of the ordinary there, its a portable hobbiest drone. Fits in a backpack easily. Also prone to the odd fly-away, which could give them reason to go off searching for it if it went AWOL.

phs

From listening to the news, they said something along the lines that one of or both of the missing peoples partners were unaware they were going on camping trips together.

Who knows, could be anything.

hopefully they are ok

Rusty Panels

This is a very disturbing event.

The thing we all need to remember is that these sorts of events have been happening since the beginning of mankind. Whether it ends up being the result of bad judgement or evil intent remains to be seen.

It has happened all too often where those who think they have the knowledge required to handle a particular situation don't. The old saying "Fools step in where Angels fear to tread" is true. Many people have entered a situation that they were not able to control and ended up worse off.

The bloke in this story was apparently very experienced in bush survival so you would conclude that their disappearance was not as a result of inexperience.

You have to be very careful who you befriend. The best bloke in the world may well end up being a serial killer. Don't be in a hurry to be besties.

typhoeus

Lot's of hoops to jump through to own a pistol. It's a pity in a way that we couldn't be more like the US in that respect.
Ive heard lots of people packed guns in grease & buried them after port Arthur for the days when its hunt or be hunted. . .

shaun0

Only a stones throw mate, I’m going to have to sleep with a loaded shotgun next time I’m in the valley, in the swag or the locked Hilux lol
Some times when im hunting I sleep with rifle near me who knows what is lurking in the bush at night. Mind you I could just paranoid to!