Wonnangatta Couple from Drouin ??

peterfermtech

The reference to the trailer was because there may be blood samples if he used it to transported the bodies
The reference to firewood was a joke and a crack at the constabulary. An acquaintance was involved in an accident where his trailer loaded with firewood jack-knifed. The police took the trailer away but returned it without the firewood.

a1bert

The reference to firewood was a joke and a crack at the constabulary. An acquaintance was involved in an accident where his trailer loaded with firewood jack-knifed. The police took the trailer away but returned it without the firewood.
No probs, i just wanted to clarify why they may be so interested in getting hold of it

boobook

Police are focussing on the Grant area and Talbotville. The area has been blocked off so check if you plan to go near that area soon.

Mind you the paper says they have blocked off the corner of Dargo High Plains Rd and McMillan's Rd. I didn't think those roads intersect. Ii thought it was called Grant Rd east of Grant.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
I
Police are focussing on the Grant area and Talbotville. The area has been blocked off so check if you plan to go near that area soon.

Mind you the paper says they have blocked off the corner of Dargo High Plains Rd and McMillan's Rd. I didn't think those roads intersect. Ii thought it was called Grant Rd east of Grant.
think McMillans becomes Grant Road after Grant, from memory there are a couple of old mines and a cemetry there

discomatt

Can't change history but you can learn from it, its like the morons that want to change the name of Moreland council, what a waste of money just because of a name of a property linked to the slave trade, small minded fools come to my mind but hey Mr Coon also had a very offensive name that had to be removed from a cheese packet...
While we are at it lets change the name of Melboune, look into who that is named after and what his history was

peterfermtech

From Vic Emergency map

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211127_115816.png
    Screenshot_20211127_115816.png
    278.6 KB · Views: 79

boobook

From Vic Emergency map
Thanks. It seems to depend on which map you use.

Rooftop, hema, The federal government and the original survey map I have from the 1800s call that section the Grant road.

Vic topo, Vic emergency and Google all call it McMillan's road. Which is the same name used by all of them from Grant down to Talbotville.

I wish they'd all agree. There are a few roads and tracks like that in the high country.

CTL

So the bodies have been located near Arbuckle Junction and had been incinerated.
But has any motive been suggested yet?

Skurfer

Must be some confusion in the article. They were found at union spur track at Grant but the article is talking about being burned at Arbuckle Junction and found metres away, but those 2 places are a long long way from each other and not on the way to each other of driving out of wonnangatta. You could do it going up zeka, over to Arbuckle, down Billy goats then crooked river but it would be a fair mission in 1 night/morning

Reactions: CTL

a1bert

Must be some confusion in the article. They were found at union spur track at Grant but the article is talking about being burned at Arbuckle Junction and found metres away, but those 2 places are a long long way from each other and not on the way to each other of driving out of wonnangatta. You could do it going up zeka, over to Arbuckle, down Billy goats then crooked river but it would be a fair mission in 1 night/morning
Especially with a trailer on the back!