Wonnangatta Couple from Drouin ??

CTL

Whatever , you got your reaction , now go back to the pipe .
Nothing to do with getting a reaction. My comment was not directed at anybody in particular but for some reason you again choose to attack me personally. Really not sure what your problem is but I hope you can get some professional help to get over it.
And in relation to my actual comment, what some of you are suggesting about police/ASIO/whoever having access to, like satellite imagery, is only possible on TV or in movies, certainly not in real life.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Funny. I've never had an interest in crime shows/movies and only ever seen a couple of agatha movies because I was chasing some juice extractor that had an interest in them. Well maybe I watched homicide but there wasn't much else on telly then.
I watched Perry Mason, Colombo and Hawaiian Eye and I bet they would have got results by now.

denk

Way more than satelites that are taking imagery of that area for sure!

Which satelite would the image have come from if your suggesting that it did??

Probably 75% of all satelites would be for communication, GPS etc not imaging or "spy" satelites.

Sure google does do imagery, I think it would be the main satelite that the image might have come from but even google doesnt take images or footage live, look at your house on google maps or earth, is your car in the driveway??
Google updates there satelite maps maybe 3 times a year, I very much doubt that it just continues to take imagery every day or every pass.

Im just saying the chances of finding a satelite(again who's satelite?) image of a truck on a particular day is slim, but not impossible.

These people werent even deemed missing for about a week or more wasnt it?

Anyway, we will see soon enough.

Agree!

Satellite imagery is VERY damn expensive... even mores so if an asset is being tasked specifically for obtaining imagery. Australia really relies on other 5 eye nations assets for most stuff. I mean even Australian Geospatial Organisation uses US satellites. I have no idea what a commercial satellite would cost to task or if they somehow were taking imagery over wonnangatta at that time... id imagine it would cost more than a few 79 series off the showroom floor.

mikehzz

Satellite imagery is VERY damn expensive... even mores so if an asset is being tasked specifically for obtaining imagery. Australia really relies on other 5 eye nations assets for most stuff. I mean even Australian Geospatial Organisation uses US satellites. I have no idea what a commercial satellite would cost to task or if they somehow were taking imagery over wonnangatta at that time... id imagine it would cost more than a few 79 series off the showroom floor.
Stop making sense please, you're ruining the thread. Let's get back to it, there are trail cameras that must be powered by koala poo, dedicated satellite surveilance, white ute sensationalism, 3g/4g tower ping logs and illegal deer hunters for us all to process. Cost is no barrier for us.....reality isn't a barrier for us either. :)

denk

Stop making sense please, you're ruining the thread. Let's get back to it, there are trail cameras that must be powered by koala poo, dedicated satellite surveilance, white ute sensationalism, 3g/4g tower ping logs and illegal deer hunters for us all to process. Cost is no barrier for us.....reality isn't a barrier for us either. :)
look mate I'm just being a realist based on my knowledge... it is still possible the imagery came from the Deathstar which has good image capture capability from galaxies far far away and potentially Chairman Dan has an intelligence sharing relationship with the galactic Empire... therefore that's how they have the sat imagery of the white dial cab

Baggs71

this is gold discussion..i was ARA for 21 years..and yes..its near impossible to warrant the use of an ovehead sat to do what is being discussed...let alone whether it be stationary or rolling orbits...just cant be done after said event or by chance during the event...sorry to burst the tin hat brigade...foil hats back on...carry on

2002GU3

Well, that's solved the mystery - it was button man, the illegal deer hunter from the deathstar who drove his white dual cab ute from a galaxy far far away while wearing his foil hat to avoid being captured on satellite cameras and trail cameras that are powered by koala poo on the orders of chairman Dan,,,,,,,,now the only mystery is - why did the police not realise this sooner ?

denk

Well, that's solved the mystery - it was button man, the illegal deer hunter from the deathstar who drove his white dual cab ute from a galaxy far far away while wearing his foil hat to avoid being captured on satellite cameras and trail cameras that are powered by koala poo on the orders of chairman Dan,,,,,,,,now the only mystery is - why did the police not realise this sooner ?
haha this made my afternoon

Triton14

That big magic mushroom bust that was on the news over a month ago, I thought you'd be out by now :p

Last edited:

boobook

Some here may laugh at me.

I have the Vic Emergency app. I have watch zones around a few high country areas including Wonnangatta that I set for fire alerts.

Yesterday I got an alert that there are 2 controlled fires planned in the Wonnangatta Valley. Close to the location of the campsite. Hmm, the police must be doing a burn to clear the area. But no, the advice says it's part of a wider program to clear for new tall forest growth.

Those in Victoria who know the comedy show of the DELWP fire department and the damage they have done over the years will understand why my next thought was "I wonder if the Police know if this is going to happen? Maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing."

So I called The non emergency Police number 131 444 to just give them a heads up. After pressing a sequence of numbers, I got to a person and they said they could not help and said I have to call my local police station. I explained further that it is in the High country so they put me through to the Traralgon police station. The call failed, saying there was a fault. I went through the process again this time Bright. Same thing. next time they suggested I call Crime stoppers which I did. They said the file didn't show were not aware of any planned burns. The person check the Vic emergency website and agreed there seemed to be a disconnect. They suggested I call 131 444. I explained I had done that 3 times before calling them and they then suggested I go to my local police station to report it.

I had invested 30 or more minutes by now, and said why can't they take a note, and check it. They did not have the authority!. They insisted I go to a police station. At that point, I had enough. They admitted they had no knowledge of the fire but refused to take any action.

I finished by saying that I had done the right thing, and they now know as much about it as me, but they still said they could do nothing .

Watch the place go up in flames, then an article about how all the evidence was burnt and how was the government to know!

1616534944061.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Baggs71

Some here may laugh at me.

I have the Vic Emergency app. I have watch zones around a few high country areas including Wonnangatta that I set for fire alerts.

Yesterday I got an alert that there are 2 controlled fires planned in the Wonnangatta Valley. Close to the location of the campsite. Hmm, the police must be doing a burn to clear the area. But no, the advice says it's part of a wider program to clear for new tall forest growth.

Those in Victoria who know the comedy show of the DELWP fire department and the damage they have done over the years will understand why my next thought was "I wonder if the Police know if this is going to happen? Maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing."

So I called The non emergency Police number 131 444 to just give them a heads up. After pressing a sequence of numbers, I got to a person and they said they could not help and said I have to call my local police station. I explained further that it is in the High country so they put me through to the Traralgon police station. The call failed, saying there was a fault. I went through the process again this time Bright. Same thing. next time they suggested I call Crime stoppers which I did. They said the file didn't show were not aware of any planned burns. The person check the Vic emergency website and agreed there seemed to be a disconnect. They suggested I call 131 444. I explained I had done that 3 times before calling them and they then suggested I go to my local police station to report it.

I had invested 30 or more minutes by now, and said why can't they take a note, and check it. They did not have the authority!. They insisted I go to a police station. At that point, I had enough. They admitted they had no knowledge of the fire but refused to take any action.

I finished by saying that I had done the right thing, and they now know as much about it as me, but they still said they could do nothing

Watch the place go up in flames, then an article about how all the evidence was burnt and how was the government to know!

View attachment 71138
I take it your retired hahah

Last edited by a moderator: