Wonnangatta Couple from Drouin ??

Triton14

So one of you want to shoot him and the other wants to kick him in the nuts simply because “he is a creep”?
Could be anyone, I dont care who they are, read the posts again, 30 seconds, who are you, what do you want, what are you doing in my camp?

You must be pretty naive to think that everyone who roams around in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night is a person of good merit & is there to hand out girl scout cookies :oops:

Im sure Ivan Milat made a convincing story for the 1st 20 seconds before he shoved a knive into his victims!

devjam

Im sure Ivan Milat made a convincing story for the 1st 20 seconds before he shoved a knive into his victims!
One of Ivan's victims says to him as they walk into the forest together: "geez it's a bit creepy here isn't it?". Ivan responds: "how do you think I feel - I have to walk out of here all on my own!"

Petunia

An Eccentric who lives in the wild, who can observe people while unobserved, a man who can enter a tent [or whatever] take a photo of a sleeping person with that persons own camera and said person is unaware until the photos are downloaded at home, that the photo was ever taken?

"IF" the man meant to harm you? you would have expired 30 seconds before you chambered or you were even aware he was there. Reality check; You may think you are good, but there is always one better.:cool:

2002GU3

First of all, there is absolutely ZERO PROOF that "button man" took any photo's of anyone awake or asleep, secondly if you take away all the BS and sensationalism from what the media reports, there is nothing that proves that he has done anything wrong in any way, shape, or form or had anything to do with the disappearence of the missing couple or anyone else, and thirdly, who could blame the bloke for wanting to go bush to get away from all those fine upstanding citizens that are blaming him for virtually everything that has happened in the high country without one single iota of proof, maybe while they are up there on their pedastools on the moral high ground they could help this wonderful society of humanities finest by making a noose and organising a linch mob to go and give this bloke what he deserves, after all - "he looks like a creep" !

Last edited:

typhoeus

An Eccentric who lives in the wild, who can observe people while unobserved, a man who can enter a tent [or whatever] take a photo of a sleeping person with that persons own camera and said person is unaware until the photos are downloaded at home, that the photo was ever taken?

"IF" the man meant to harm you? you would have expired 30 seconds before you chambered or you were even aware he was there. Reality check; You may think you are good, but there is always one better.:cool:
The idea that Button Man took the picture is pure conjecture, no proof what so ever. By the standards of our modern socety, quite a few people on this forum would be considered a little ( or a lot) wierd, eccentric, strange etc ( I'm not ruling myself out ) so being different is not bad, how boring would the world be if we were all cookie cutter clones of each other? . Obviously the cops would have to check out every lead, but (in theory) every one is innocent until proven guilty. The Court of Public Opinion is is a little more fickle.

I get what you mean tho, If he really meant to harm you, you probably wouldn't know it till its too late

Last edited:

Petunia

I get what you mean tho, If he really meant someone harm you, you probably wouldn't know it till its too late

Exactly [that's it in one word]

Anyone can tell you they can drive a triple road train down your driveway, dump 10 ton of gravel in your back yard and reverse out again. Reality, they can't back a greasy dog up a garden path.

I stick up for Buttons, eccentric, excrement happens, so what? oh wait he inhabitates a part of Victoria. I think he just likes to put the wind up anyone, but then he might be into cannibalism, how would I know?o_O

typhoeus

Exactly [that's it in one

I stick up for Buttons, eccentric, excrement happens, so what? oh wait he inhabitates a part of Victoria. I think he just likes to put the wind up anyone, but then he might be into cannibalism, how would I know?o_O
Theres an idea! Maybe they should dna test any turds they find !

Bomber2012

Who knows the story of the “button man” ?
I don’t..........
Who knows what drove him to live in the bush ?
Everyone loses it at some stage , and everyone deals with it in different ways .
As was mentioned, just walk outside you will find homeless/mentally ill people in every town .
Why is it that anyone that doesn’t do what people expect them to do is labelled a “creep” ?

Maybe he got sick of people’s expectations and said bugger it , I’m going bush .
That thought crosses my mind quiet often .
Again , those talking shit about him need to sit back and think about their comments on this thread and yes it is disgraceful that your taking potshots at something you have no idea about .

Albynsw

Who knows the story of the “button man” ?
I don’t..........
Who knows what drove him to live in the bush ?
Everyone loses it at some stage , and everyone deals with it in different ways .
As was mentioned, just walk outside you will find homeless/mentally ill people in every town .
Why is it that anyone that doesn’t do what people expect them to do is labelled a “creep” ?

Maybe he got sick of people’s expectations and said bugger it , I’m going bush .
That thought crosses my mind quiet often .
Again , those talking shit about him need to sit back and think about their comments on this thread and yes it is disgraceful that your taking potshots at something you have no idea about .

I did read an article, I think he was in the armed forces and came back a bit messed up and became a recluse

peterfermtech

Also I do believe there is something inherently creepy about a haberdashery. Maybe it's just the smell of lavender. Or maybe it's the kind of place where you would expect clowns (as in red noses, lipstick and big shoes) to hang around. Now that would freak me out if I woke up and saw a clown in my tent.

denk

I use a nikon camera, have so for years. id be fumbling around for a bit grabbing some random blokes camera to take a photo of them having a snooze... in the dark... and being quiet. I'd guess Button Man would likely not have much of an idea of functioning a DSLR... in the bush... at night... in the quiet... without waking someone up. Fake news.

discomatt

Albert Einstein was a recluse who on a thought one lonely night poked a knitting needle into his head though his eye socket just to see what would happen, it sent him blind in that eye for 2 days.
Point being maybe some of us dumb asses shouldn't judge so quickly because there is a very fine line between nut case and genius which more often than not in today's PC, beige society is dumb down and hidden away and nearly always blurred

boobook

That sort of talk Matt gives me hope that I am a genius :)

I think if you poked needles into your brain that you would be a dead genius.

I think the story might be about Isacc Newton who was studying Optics and how white colour is made up of the broad spectrum in the 1600's. He developed optics and invented telescopes ( the Newtonian reflector telescope still survives)

He studied cat eyes and looked at the structure. Then to see if the human eye is similar he got a knitting needle and gently pushed it between his eye and the socket to put pressure on the back of the eye, and see what happened to his image. It distorted the area near the needle in the same pattern as the cat's eye, as soon as he moved the needle, the area came good, he demonstrated the lens effect, it was taught in physics in uni.

IMHO that is still a brave thing to do but a lot different to some half psycho poking needles into his head. But maybe Albert Einstein did poke his brains out. It explains the hair cut. :D

Last edited:

discomatt

Read the story in the book a short history of everything, it was a great read, I may have to read it again as it was about 15 years ago, Newton or Einstein the same thought applies about judging people because they don't fit a certain box that society deems as normal

Rusty Panels

There's been many people who we have labeled as odd ball or strange over the years. Many of these people have just been socially awkward and not able to communicate well with others. A couple of hundred years ago being awkward could have seen you burned at the stake. Many of these people died as a result of being different. Today we would call it murdered.
Theres no shortage of socially awkward and different people out there. Autism has been around forever but is really only a fairly recently diagnosed problem and it is no doubt what many of these people suffered. Even today there are those with autism and other afflictions who are treated differently and who without caring and understanding families and friends end up being socially distanced and looked at as "creepy". It's unfortunate but it ends up having a snowball effect on the unusual behaviour of the person who ends up being even more unusual and different to us.
From what I have read about the "button man" he may just fit into the category of being one of those socially awkward people. The Police have determined that he wasn't involved in the couples disappearance and he has no criminal history.
That doesn't mean that I would welcome anybody into my camp out of the blue, but I'd probably keep the muzzle pointed at the ground with my finger on the receiver till I knew their intentions.

Last edited: