Wombeyan to Jenolan 18\09

So, the missus and I started our first ever camping trip on the 18th from Wombeyan to Jenolan.
gYQy7xJ.jpg

Left around the 9am mark from Mittagong after having some breaky and headed for Wombeyan Caves Road
QruYFZ1.jpg

Took a wrong turn and decided to get the GPS out. Little River Fire Trail should have taken us back to our intended track.
d0VQ9lO.jpg

axTZ8lM.jpg

And then had to turn around and go back
Za0cFEU.jpg

Found our way and were on our way to Mt Werong and Dingo Dell.
hEuP245.jpg
w25DCHv.jpg

Quick pit stop and had to get the missus nogan hanging out the car
2PkxfCq.jpg
UV4qiVE.jpg

Fallen tree on the track had to go around
YpXqSGc.jpg
6iIz6CO.jpg

zYJ05yL.jpg

Mt Werong and Dingo Dell camp grounds weren't very appealing so we headed for Boyd River Camp ground.
89pjfoM.jpg

Crossed the Kowmung River for my very poor first river crossing into the steep climb out of the valley
ou8URCy.jpg
bTJL4ax.jpg

VXEO9ae.jpg

Arrived at this creek crossing, didn't feel comfortable crossing as there were massive boulders and didn't want to risk getting stuck or breaking something.
szieDEi.jpg

Turned around and headed up boyd river firetrail - single track and pretty slow. Ended up in camp around the 4.30pm mark, cracked a beer and watched the missus set up the rooftop.
She did such a great job i woke up early and made her tea in the rain.
AleJEA6.jpg

More to come!

Toddyh

Good stuff Chris. Looks like you had fun.
Just for future reference that creek crossing looks a little nasty but if you're slow and careful it's really fine.

bushlux90

Sounds like a good first camping trip. Kowmung was one of the first tracks I did solo when I got my Licence. Its a great all rounder.

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
That's a great book for getting out and about!
Todd was right, all the trucks at the caves on Sunday were proudly supporting 4x4earth stickers, next time make yourself known!

See you out and about hey!

billolga

Sorry we missed you Chris at Wombeyan Mate - love the photo's.
You used to be able to go via Lime Burners but it's all gated now. (Last trip I did there the place was trashed - not much wonder it got closed)

maddon

fantastic photos / well done for a firsty / good to see a d22 getting dirty as well / thanx for the quality photos too / i did that track when i was field testing out my vehicle / the track doesn't have to be tough for you to be a hero / just getting about is what its all about i reckon

That's a great book for getting out and about!
Todd was right, all the trucks at the caves on Sunday were proudly supporting 4x4earth stickers, next time make yourself known!

See you out and about hey!
Yeah unfortunately you guys were heading up Wombeyan Caves Rd, hopefully next time i will be in your convoy!!

fantastic photos / well done for a firsty / good to see a d22 getting dirty as well / thanx for the quality photos too / i did that track when i was field testing out my vehicle / the track doesn't have to be tough for you to be a hero / just getting about is what its all about i reckon
Thanks Maddon, the missus and I had a ball. I am dirty that i am at work i just want to be out again. The D22 is perfect for the missus and my needs does us well when we want to go together. Normally I go out on the bike.