Winching is dangerous.WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE.

discomatt

He is lucky its through his arm and not his head or chest...
Not that it is lucky in any way...
Might be time for me to get some rope instead of waiting for the Aldi winch to die and living with cable...

cam04

Useless without a back story. I'd take an each way bet on "winch cable almost long enough - I'll use the snatch as an extension just this once...."
Another reason why a remote handpiece is a good investment when carrying out experiments with recovery equipment - so you can get out of the blast radius - speaking from experience here because I have done all of the above - forgive me, short of cutting the seatbelts out, I was out of options.

Useless without a back story. I'd take an each way bet on "winch cable almost long enough - I'll use the snatch as an extension just this once...."
Another reason why a remote handpiece is a good investment when carrying out experiments with recovery equipment - so you can get out of the blast radius - speaking from experience here because I have done all of the above - forgive me, short of cutting the seatbelts out, I was out of options.
Wish i had the back story to this Cam but alass i don't. I dont think it is intirely useless as it does show a newbie the potential results of what can happen when things go wrong when winching and may make some think twice about making a half assed attempt at self recovery.

Have to admit iv used a snatch strap as an extension strap due to a mate having mine. Was only used for a couple of meters until winch cable could reach anchor point, still no excuse tho.