Winch Question

spice1

Hi, I have a pajero 94 lwb and have just found a winch that i beleive is worth a try. It is 8000lb. and is a chinese winch. these winch's are getting ever more popular and the one im chasing has a full parts list and warranty.
my question.
Will 8000lb be enough for my paj?

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
It should correct, the Prado is recommended for a 8000KB recovery strap and winch. Pajero are lighter that a 90 series

jameslover

Hi, I have a pajero 94 lwb and have just found a winch that i beleive is worth a try. It is 8000lb. and is a chinese winch. these winch's are getting ever more popular and the one im chasing has a full parts list and warranty.
my question.
Will 8000lb be enough for my paj?

you have a nice car , i love this car also ,before 4 day i live only behalf of pajero .this is long stories.

stackyj

I have the same, its a chinese brand im not even sure of, however have put it through hell and back and am happy except for the cable, much rather have rope. I opted for a 12000lb (5480kgs or there abouts), as my 75 series ute weighs in at 2650kgs (5380lb) empty. I would always opt on the side of caution, especially when you take into consideration adverse effects on your recovery application. IE/ Mud and tyre suction, angle etc. And then ontop of that all of your gear and fuel. Also, i dont think its proven, however there seems to be a growing assumption (and it makes sence), the higher rated your winch is, the longer it will last. One more thing, if your concerned about load on your winch, use a snatch block, it will half the load on your winch.

Last edited: