• If I get excluded from day to day activities I'm open to it

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I'm already fully vaccinated

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
My first AZ jab left me with some joint pain sore arm and a couple of shivers for probably two days. Recent second jab at 5.30 p.m one night up at 5.30 a.m.next day and playing 18 holes,seven ks , starting 6.30 a.m. Felt nothing. I am old,nearing 80 and no way is anyone going to put me in the to old who cares bracket. C'mon man!

boobook

My first AZ jab left me with some joint pain sore arm and a couple of shivers for probably two days. Recent second jab at 5.30 p.m one night up at 5.30 a.m.next day and playing 18 holes,seven ks , starting 6.30 a.m. Felt nothing. I am old,nearing 80 and no way is anyone going to put me in the to old who cares bracket. C'mon man!

If the vaccine makes you get up to play 18 holes at 5:30AM then it really does have serious negative consequences Roger. :p

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
If the vaccine makes you get up to play 18 holes at 5:30AM then it really does have serious negative consequences Roger. :p
And currently doing it two days a week and told the missus I might have to play more. Sick of sharpening tools I don't use, mowing lawns that don't need mowing, running whipper snipper, blower, four chain saws, gennie, to make sure they are ready to go. Yesterday took Troopy to a park and ran out winch ran through 4 high, 4 low Front lockers, rear locker while people fishing in the lake watched with amusement. One bloke called his daughter in to him. I wonder why? Am I behaving properly? Is this a normal reaction to having the jab? Any advice welcome.

boobook

I am old,nearing 80 and no way is anyone going to put me in the to old who cares bracket. C'mon man!

I was leaning toward thinking you should be put down because you are sucking the rights from anti vaxxers. But there are enough people that think like that here so I think it's best that you get on your life and have a great time Roger.

To hell with it. You have nearly as many rights to live, as the anti-vaxxers have to kill everyone around them I say.

LOL
Good on you mate.

CTL

Posted this in the other COVID thread
222 persons in hospital in NSW
54 of those in ICU
25 of those are on ventilators
Of the 54 in ICU, 49 have not been vaccinated, 1 had 1 dose of Pfizer, 4 had 1 dose of AZ

sharkcaver

Hope not queue up for 3 hrs (waiting time for WA 2mnth for over 40s )
The Fed gov doesnt have money to buy load up vac the money already gone to pay job seeker
The online booking didn't work for me. It was going to be months away. So I just walked in, was done and dusted in 30 mins and the 2nd jab was booked for 3 weeks later at the same time. Months in advance of trying to book online.

The problem with the Pfizer jab is there are 6 doses to a vial. Each day, they estimate their usage, thaw the vaccine, mix with saline to the required dose, and wait for the paitents to arrive to administer it. Lots of bookings get cancelled or are no shows and at the end of the day, the vaccine has to be thrown away. Walking in uses up that vaccine that would have been wasted. Unbelievable, but that's how its working atm.

sharkcaver

To me that is just more proof of the very real importance of good health to combat the virus, should I put up links of how Lewis Hamilto was driving a F1 car weeks after being infected to prove how harmless it can be?
No because it is irrelevant in the big picture the same as another obese lazy fat malnutritioned dead beat dying from a disease the same as always has happened.
That dumd ass article even states he has no pre existing health conditions, this world is mental if people believe the western worlds biggest health issue is not a pre existing problem. DUMB FAT AND STUPID
Very harsh but sadly the cold hard facts

You might need to find another superhero.

I've been fighting all year really with staying healthy after what happened at the end of last year and it's still, it's a battle.

you got it, fat, dumb and stupid.

Corndoggy

I don’t know if it is true but I was told if you got symptoms from the vaccine it means your body is healthy and was actively fighting the disease.

When I got my first jab I didn't even know it had been done. No reactions what so ever, not even a sore spot where the jab was, no headache, not slight temperature, nothing.
If this was true I think my body is so unhealthy to the point that with my reactions, I might be dead already.

sharkcaver

When I got my first jab I didn't even know it had been done. No reactions what so ever, not even a sore spot where the jab was, no headache, not slight temperature, nothing.
If this was true I think my body is so unhealthy to the point that with my reactions, I might be dead already.
Understanding the immune system will give you an understanding on why a vaccine reaction doesn't mean your immune system is in good shape or not.

A good read.

The bottom line is you can’t gauge how well the vaccine is working within your body based on what you can detect from the outside. Different people do mount stronger or weaker immune responses to a vaccine, but post-shot side effects won’t tell you which you are

discomatt

Just for the record given so many like to twist and distort what is written, I never anywhere ever have stated good health stops you getting covid but I have and will continue to state from my reading of all sources on the net that good health will and does massively reduce the need for hospitalization and even more so reduce the chance of death. The exact same as many reports state vitamin D also reduces symptoms but some how that got turned into an alternative for the vaccine which I never and will never claim.

muffin man

I'm pretty impressed with the results of this survey. Over 50% of responses fully vaccinated, like myself.
Does that mean 4x4ers are more sensible than your average jo, or does it mean the anti vaxers are too ashamed to take part in the poll?
As someone who's got family members that have suffered with covid, and have family friends that have died from it I got my vaccine as soon as I was eligible.
Hopefully nature will do its thing and remove certain people from the gene pool to improve the human race over all.
No it means the majority of people here are old codgers.

Komang

The online booking didn't work for me. It was going to be months away. So I just walked in, was done and dusted in 30 mins and the 2nd jab was booked for 3 weeks later at the same time. Months in advance of trying to book online.
I tried go for walk in and see the queue around the building and another hundred inside.
My friend took her 3hrs what a waste of time

• Haha
Reactions: CTL

Corndoggy

Here's one for the ones that don't want the AZ shot because of the possible clotting effect. Do just a quick check for the deaths related to alcohol in Australia. No jab for you but you'll keep on drinking. That makes sense.