Votes: 12 27.3%
  • If I get excluded from day to day activities I'm open to it

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I'm already fully vaccinated

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boobook

It was one big fat obese bloke from the US, been all over the regular media outlets pushing the urgency of getting vaccinated
If you use any search engine for 15 seconds you will find dozens of similar stories. Some young and fit.

Kippie

Got my second AZ jab last Friday. No adverse reactions so far. I received my digital certificate

smitty_r51

Fully vaccinated (41) pfizer
Wife is fully vaccinated (48)pfizer
Child 1 is fully vaccinated pfizer (and picked up covid in the UK between his jabs)
Child 2 (18) has had 1 az
Child 3 can't have anything yet being 16

Corndoggy

The anti Vaxer's have all the right for themselves not to get it. But they want all the right to all the medical intervention they can get when they catch this so called world hoax. You think the shots of paddocks full of coffins and graves from all over the place are just photo shoots. I say if they think its a hoax they should stay home, not take up a hospital bed that could go to someone that deserves it more, and take their chances of if they come out of it at the end or not. Harsh, not really, it is a hoax remember.

dazza9

I'm pretty impressed with the results of this survey. Over 50% of responses fully vaccinated, like myself.
Does that mean 4x4ers are more sensible than your average jo, or does it mean the anti vaxers are too ashamed to take part in the poll?
As someone who's got family members that have suffered with covid, and have family friends that have died from it I got my vaccine as soon as I was eligible.
Hopefully nature will do its thing and remove certain people from the gene pool to improve the human race over all.

littleGem

The anti Vaxer's have all the right for themselves not to get it. But they want all the right to all the medical intervention they can get when they catch this so called world hoax. You think the shots of paddocks full of coffins and graves from all over the place are just photo shoots. I say if they think its a hoax they should stay home, not take up a hospital bed that could go to someone that deserves it more, and take their chances of if they come out of it at the end or not. Harsh, not really, it is a hoax remember.
Funny enough I know a few anti-vaxxers that 100% believe its all photo shoots and similiar, I just ignore them now

Komang

Hope not queue up for 3 hrs (waiting time for WA 2mnth for over 40s )
The Fed gov doesnt have money to buy load up vac the money already gone to pay job seeker

peterfermtech

IMO it will never get above about 60% in most countries, it is already evident in many countries where the vaccine rollout has been much more successful than ours and they all seem to have a major slow down at about the 50% mark. Given children under the age of vaccine approval make up a large part of the population whether that being 12 or 18 getting to 80% will be impossible
The numbers may change in possibly a year or more likely 2-3 when people start to see longer term effectiveness or health implications.
The real concern is what will happen if strong restrictions are implemented for those who choose not to take the experimental vaccine in the immediate future and those people get sick and tired of being dictated to with no freedoms. If not careful it could end up with 2 societies at war with each other, not country verse country but vaccinated verse none vaccinated
Maybe this should be in the conspiracy thread but as they say the only difference between a theory and a conspiracy is 2 months
Should be easy fighting a war with an oxygen mask strapped across your face. Not to worry. After a few rounds of covid you should get your "natural" immunity up to around the level of one of the Chinese vaccines.

Batts88

So people who pay taxes shouldn't be elligable to recieve aid for covid what about for other dieseases etc should that be the same as well ? Like we have lots of evidence smoking increases your chances of getting cancer etc etc but lots still smoke should they be another one left on the sidewalk with the covid cases ?

Also remember there's lots of people who haven't had the jab and are not anti vaxers they have reasons for waiting eg: living in an area with no reported cases or waiting for a more advanced vaccine which will happen there are stacks of legit reasons. Eventually most of us will get the jab just like we did when we were children but you can't blame people for being cautious because of how fast it seems to have been developed with probably no long term clinical trials before distributing it to the population. Some people might choose to see if there are any side effects in the first yr or so and if they're doing everything else they're told like masking up washing hands and distancing hopefully they don't get singled out as well.

I'd like to see more severe action taken against mass protesters and others who deliberately breach the isolation and travelling rules put in place that work to stop the spread. If you stop feeding something it dies that's another way of getting rid things but as humans we quite often look for quick fixes because of the money driven world we created we're not that smart after all.

discomatt

If you use any search engine for 15 seconds you will find dozens of similar stories. Some young and fit.

Yep very sad indeed, 28 so young its a real tragedy, also noticed yet again same old same old, 28 and a double chin like that, he would have had very major health issues if not now within the next 20 years.
To me that is just more proof of the very real importance of good health to combat the virus, should I put up links of how Lewis Hamilto was driving a F1 car weeks after being infected to prove how harmless it can be?
No because it is irrelevant in the big picture the same as another obese lazy fat malnutritioned dead beat dying from a disease the same as always has happened.
That dumd ass article even states he has no pre existing health conditions, this world is mental if people believe the western worlds biggest health issue is not a pre existing problem. DUMB FAT AND STUPID
Very harsh but sadly the cold hard facts

Albynsw

I know it was Current Affair :rolleyes: But last night they had some cyber analytics dude on who said that 90 odd percent of antivax information being peddled on the web can be traced back to 12 individuals. They identified them as well and said they were making a lot of money out of it

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yep very sad indeed, 28 so young its a real tragedy, also noticed yet again same old same old, 28 and a double chin like that, he would have had very major health issues if not now within the next 20 years.
To me that is just more proof of the very real importance of good health to combat the virus, should I put up links of how Lewis Hamilto was driving a F1 car weeks after being infected to prove how harmless it can be?
No because it is irrelevant in the big picture the same as another obese lazy fat malnutritioned dead beat dying from a disease the same as always has happened.
That dumd ass article even states he has no pre existing health conditions, this world is mental if people believe the western worlds biggest health issue is not a pre existing problem. DUMB FAT AND STUPID
Very harsh but sadly the cold hard facts
So can you give us some stats on how many young people in Australia are obese have existing health conditions or unfit. Only guessing there would be thousands.

mikehzz

Irrespective of what physical condition you're in, some people have no trouble and some people have a lot of trouble. It's the same with the vaccine, after the first jab, my wife was pretty crook with flu symptoms and headaches, but I had no symptoms whatsoever. It was AZ and I was surprised.

Albynsw

Irrespective of what physical condition you're in, some people have no trouble and some people have a lot of trouble. It's the same with the vaccine, after the first jab, my wife was pretty crook with flu symptoms and headaches, but I had no symptoms whatsoever. It was AZ and I was surprised.

I don’t know if it is true but I was told if you got symptoms from the vaccine it means your body is healthy and was actively fighting the disease
I was working at a lady in her 70’s place when she got the jab about 3 months ago and she was hoping she had a reaction for the above reason which she did that night and was happy about it.
She was a extremely fit lady who exercised daily

mikehzz

I don’t know if it is true but I was told if you got symptoms from the vaccine it means your body is healthy and was actively fighting the disease
I was working at a lady in her 70’s place when she got the jab about 3 months ago and she was hoping she had a reaction for the above reason which she did that night and was happy about it.
She was a extremely fit lady who exercised daily
It's a myth. I was worried that I wouldn't be protected because I had no reaction, but reading a ton of medical docs on it said there's no relationship between the reaction and your immune response. The immune response builds over time and can take weeks. Over 50% of people have no reaction to the jab at all.

boobook

More young fit people in trouble.

They are everywhere. It is nonsense to pretend that it's only fat, unfit people get covid.

I have a very good friend in the UK who was super fit. He Races motorbikes professionally. He awas in ICU for a month and nearly died. His whole family were very very sick indeed including 2 young fit boys.