Votes: 12 27.3%
  • If I get excluded from day to day activities I'm open to it

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I'm already fully vaccinated

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

littleGem

So with NSW in another 4 week lockdown, and Mama Glady's already having said the lockdowns will continue till 80% of the state is Vaccinated, and other states already mentioning no cross border travel unless they're Vaccinated etc, I'm just wondering how many people will get Vaccinated.

Because judging by social media etc I think it's going to be a struggle for her to get 80%

boobook

I think to have any meaning the poll needs a few more choices.

I've already had 1 dose
I'm fully vaccinated
Not yet, but I am still open to the idea.
No, but if I get excluded from normal activities I would change my mind.

boobook

So with NSW in another 4 week lockdown, and Mama Glady's already having said the lockdowns will continue till 80% of the state is Vaccinated, and other states already mentioning no cross border travel unless they're Vaccinated etc, I'm just wondering how many people will get Vaccinated.

Because judging by social media etc I think it's going to be a struggle for her to get 80%
You NSW princesses need to toughen up a little too.

:D

discomatt

IMO it will never get above about 60% in most countries, it is already evident in many countries where the vaccine rollout has been much more successful than ours and they all seem to have a major slow down at about the 50% mark. Given children under the age of vaccine approval make up a large part of the population whether that being 12 or 18 getting to 80% will be impossible
The numbers may change in possibly a year or more likely 2-3 when people start to see longer term effectiveness or health implications.
The real concern is what will happen if strong restrictions are implemented for those who choose not to take the experimental vaccine in the immediate future and those people get sick and tired of being dictated to with no freedoms. If not careful it could end up with 2 societies at war with each other, not country verse country but vaccinated verse none vaccinated
Maybe this should be in the conspiracy thread but as they say the only difference between a theory and a conspiracy is 2 months

littleGem

I think to have any meaning the poll needs a few more choices.

I've already had 1 dose
I'm fully vaccinated
Not yet, but I am still open to the idea.
No, but if I get excluded from normal activities I would change my mind.
Good point have changed it too suite

Triton14

I think they are kidding themselves but hopefully I am wrong.

Even countries that started administering the vaccines in mid December last year are not yet at 70%.

The highest fully vaccinated country in the work is Malta with 86.72% of the population, the thing with that is the population of Malta is just over 500,000!

I hope the are working on the next better improved version of the vaccines because we are going to need it, and very very soon!!

The next variant is just around the corner.

Last edited:

Albynsw

When the lockdowns cease and the unvaccinated start lining up more for ICU beds I think the unvaccinated will start to realise the gravity of the situation. That is starting to happen now with a number of those on oxygen saying they made a mistake and should of taken the vaccine when they had the opportunity.
How many of those in hospital lay there confident that they made the right call? Everyone thinks it won’t happen to them and won’t be effected by the virus, the statistics suggest otherwise

John U

Seeing the curve for Israel on insiders this morning, it will be a very long time before NSW reaches 80%. Voters will have the opportunity to change governments before 80% is reached, unless they change the way 80% is measured.

Karl Fehlauer

I have had my first one and I am just waiting for the second - when I was in the Army I had that many injections for crap I didn't know existed that another one doesn't bother me.

Also, living here in the Democratic Republic of WA life is pretty good and once the ditch is dug and the fence put up, it will be even better :p:p:p

Karl

Hoyks

Also, living here in the Democratic Republic of WA life is pretty good and once the ditch is dug and the fence put up, it will be even better :p:p:p

Karl
With all the mining equipment you have over there, I'm surprised a Suez style moat hasn't been dug already

Lost1?

Already had one jab. Having lived through up to lockdown 5.0 and watched what a mate went through when family members caught COVID last year it is a logical decision.

denk

When the lockdowns cease and the unvaccinated start lining up more for ICU beds I think the unvaccinated will start to realise the gravity of the situation. That is starting to happen now with a number of those on oxygen saying they made a mistake and should of taken the vaccine when they had the opportunity.
How many of those in hospital lay there confident that they made the right call? Everyone thinks it won’t happen to them and won’t be effected by the virus, the statistics suggest otherwise
Who are all these people on oxygen in hospital saying they wish they got vaccinated? I want to read the reports on that. Cheers

discomatt

Who are all these people on oxygen in hospital saying they wish they got vaccinated? I want to read the reports on that. Cheers
It was one big fat obese bloke from the US, been all over the regular media outlets pushing the urgency of getting vaccinated

Lost1?

Been a couple of reports out of the US last 2 weeks. The antivaxer types are happy to espouse their doctrine but not so happy when staring at death it seems. People can do what they like, but we all need to be prepared to live or die as a result of our own decisions or actions.

Albynsw

They interviewed two on the news last night in Australia and saw another similar scenario a couple of nights ago in the USA where he said he made the wrong decision not getting the jab