Will $100 polymer notes pass through my Labrador pup ??

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Being an ex Banker, I advise that once said notes are recovered you must take them to your bank. There you will be asked to sign a statutory declaration explaining in detail as to what happened that caused said damage or destruction to the notes. Note, take care as it is an offence to damage or destroy legal tender so just state "accidental" many times in your statement.
You will then be required to provide what evidence ( remaining notes) in whatever condition and then fill a claim form out.
Make sure you do not tamper with said notes (cleaning/repairing, etc.,) and that they are produced in whatever state they are in. It will be up to said bank officer to repair?clean at best, using sticky tape/backing paper, etc., to put each note back together. Each note must have serial numbers X 2 and if only X 1 then it is only of half value.
Never having had to deal with "lost or damaged notes" of this nature, I would recommend that you take your dog and veterinary certification as proof. You may be required to have your dog's paw stamp next to your signature on the Stat. Dec.
Do not accept any attempt by said bank officer to refuse acceptance of your notes and statements, no matter what condition, as it is an offence for anyone not to accept legal tender.
As expected, in today's world.
There will be a sh#tload of paper work, however the main thing is that it will all turd, sorry turn out good from, sorry in, the end.

dno67

Reading this, it could almost be a movie story line. The prefect crime, only now where all implecated. Iol
Plumber comes up with a novel scam to defraud insurance company..
Maybe the story's worth a few bob to a magizine or tracey grimshore and her crew.
Hopefully there's some positive news anytime now.

Bomber2012

Any news bomber ?
Been watching him like a hawk today mate as any bowel movement could be the jackpot :D I was telling the Chippy and plasterer at the job we are doing and they've been watching him to , both said they would happily sift through his poo if they could keep the cash ...o_Oo_Oo_O
Money makes people do strange things .

Bomber2012

Reading this, it could almost be a movie story line. The prefect crime, only now where all implecated. Iol
Plumber comes up with a novel scam to defraud insurance company..
Maybe the story's worth a few bob to a magizine or tracey grimshore and her crew.
Hopefully there's some positive news anytime now.
Its quiet funny , had mates texting all day asking for progress reports .

Choook

labs.jpg

Spooner

I just spent 4K on getting a plastic cap removed from my little pup.
Blocked her bowl.
Let’s hope all is well for you.
Same here , Im hoping all will work itself out at the end.
Not trying to be funny either , Id be stressing to the max if it was my pet.
30 plastic notes in its gut , F me. :(

Paddler Ed

Wife has just asked if the dog has had a shit yet.... I thought she was asking about ours, and then realised it was this one!

Poppa

This has been "funny" - for a while. I'm with Spooner here - it's past the "funny" stage. I'm thinking of my mate, Bindi (Blue Heeler) and you are handling this better than I would be.

I hope it goes well with the vet tomorrow and your mate is OK. Comes a time when even three grand is irrelevant.

Paddler Ed

Bloody labs eat absolutely anything. Me mates dog worked out how to open the fridge one day. Ate a whole leg of ham, half the plastic cryovac, and 2 blocks of cheese packaging and all. The plastic worked it’s way out about 2 or 3 days later. So you should be right.

You probably don’t want to walk the dog for a few days, carefully examining dog turds on the side of the road might get you a free ride to a cell with padded walls.

Friend's labs did a 1kg tub of margarine (including the plastic) and a 2' diameter section of gyprock wall...

Makes the neighbour's labs fascination with plant pots look tame...

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yeah!. Jokes aside. I bred gun dogs and they were like my kids before I ended up with lots of them (kids I mean). Watch him carefully and make sure he behaves the usual way. If he stops eating, drinking or starts vomiting, or laying about looking sad/uncomfortable , head for the vet a.s.a.p. Keep the vet in the loop. If it was me I would set the alarm to check on him a couple of times during the night. Plastic wont digest and he has to pass it or the Vet comes into it.
Cheers.