Wildflowers

BIGCOL

Thats because she gets up at 5.00 to make my lunch , Isn't she sweet :)
If that is the case, then you have a keeper. But you probably already knew that. Now if Jean could just contact Jen and convince her of maybe a 5.30 up for me then all would be sweet!!!! Not bloody likely Ha!:):confused:

Col.

BIGCOL

Very nice Col ,
Those 1st 2 are unusual , What are they ?
They are a variety or form of native Isopogon.

Col.

PS. If you Google Isopogon flower you will probably be able to work out exactly which one, but a lot are similar to one another.

nananut

Amazing photos guys! Keep 'em coming! Just waiting on the jacaranda's to flower. It'll be an awesome sight.

Spooner

A few more from that same weekend.
Hi Col, What is the dark pink flower(centre image) called?
I have a day off today, no sandwich to make. I have been an early bird all my life, so a 5.30 - 6.00 start is okay for me.

BIGCOL

Morning Jean, it is a Hakea (common name Pin Cushion) that is a SA variety.
Colin.
Home now, that one is Hakea Laurina

Col.

Last edited:

Mr Rum

4x4 Earth Legend
There are still plenty of flowers around if you know where to find them.
There certainly are, and I can help anyone find them. All you need to do is follow me around and head upwind every time I start sneezing/rubbing my eyes. It's a beautiful time of year, but it's killing me.

BIGCOL

On the coast this weekend I took these photos. Both are seen fairly often but one is a weed, the first one here is Senecio Elagans a very pretty plant it's common name is the Purple Ragwort.

Pretty but it originates in South Africa. The next one is Carpobrotus Glaucescens commonly called Pigface or Angulum Pigface due to the odd shape of it's leaves.

Col.