Wild dogs

mikehzz

You had better read that part of my post again as thats not what I said!

Mind you I do think they are not really in touch with reality ;)

Also Im not wasting my time looking for things to show you about your supported party's history or track record of persuing closing down access to land or sea, stop hazzard recuction burns etc but its there if you want to google it.

I will agree we do need to do more to preserve areas & reduce our carbon footpprint but if your just going to lock the gate & let no one use it then whats it there for but to increase the populations of feral animals & there for decreasing & endangering native species & increasing noxious weeds!

However I will show you on here one tread from years ago & as far as I am aware nothing has changed for the better in the green party's attitude.

Vote Shooters, Fishers & Farmers party ;):);):):D:D
Here we go again blaming the Greens for things they can't possibly do with only 10% of the vote and are not the government. If the Greens agenda does get put into place, it's because it suits the government to do so, and usually for different reasons in my opinion. Closing a track is financially more beneficial to the bean counters because any maintenance and vandalism disappears, with the added advantage they can push the blame onto the Greens. At the end of the day, the people actually in charge do the closing and make the laws. It's great to have a scapegoat handy for the unpopular ones. It's physically and practically impossible for the Greens to close a track, or introduce a wacky law because they have no actual power to do so. The majority party in parliament has the power and if they are bending to please the Greens then they either agree with them, or are using them as an excuse, or they're just piss weak.

mikehzz

Come on @mikehzz, we all know the world would be a better place without greenies and land rovers
It would probably be better without the latest Land Rovers. :) I'm toying with going back to a Jeep. The Aussie guy who's done 3 continents over around 5 years hasn't got a bad word to say about his Rubicon and the new diesel one looks just fine. Either that or the Grenadier.

Albynsw

It would probably be better without the latest Land Rovers. :) I'm toying with going back to a Jeep. The Aussie guy who's done 3 continents over around 5 years hasn't got a bad word to say about his Rubicon and the new diesel one looks just fine. Either that or the Grenadier.
What about the Paj?

Bru9

I always sleep with a powerful flashlight and a hunting knife or baseball bat. I wonder if the strobe mode would be an effective deterent? FWIW they are useless on a trained person even with powerful beams.
I wouldn't want to encounter a dog without a heavy jacket, welding gloves, and a broom...no joke, that's a good strategy in the right hands and that's about as peaceful I can get, but when out alone walking I have twin hunting knives and twin sharp beveled tactical leds, in the right hands any dog stupid enough to try something has not much chance against a skilled commando. Personally I think wild dogs are overrated, you wanna see hunting dogs loose it, they have been turned into mindless killers and are a ticking time bomb.
It's the thought that dogs could show up while your in a chair around the fire, or attack a child down by the stream, gotta be prepared.