Why isn’t it charging? HELP dual battery setup

NavaraAus

Hey everyone! I have installed a Kick ass dual battery wiring kit to a Kings battery & battery box.

When I test the positive and negative wires that run to the battery box they read 14.5 (I’m assuming that’s enough to charge?)

but as soon as I connect them to the battery box it does nothing?

surly the battery box should read 14.5 while is charging? Also the battery charges fine when I connect solar to it.

Any help would be great

Attachments

Triton14

Not sure, I was going to say bad earth but it looks like to took the paint off the contact point.

Should you be charging it with the switch in the on or off position??

cam04

1. Is the engine running
2. Those marine vsr’s audibly click in and out, and most have an LED which changes colours or blinks - have you checked?
3. Does the 11.8v slowly rise with the engine running?

NavaraAus

1. Is the engine running
2. Those marine vsr’s audibly click in and out, and most have an LED which changes colours or blinks - have you checked?
3. Does the 11.8v slowly rise with the engine running?
1. Yep the engine is running
2. Clicks on and light comes on
3. Doesn’t do anything at all unfortunately

cam04

1. Yep the engine is running
2. Clicks on and light comes on
3. Doesn’t do anything at all unfortunately
They can also be fussy about earthing. Can you run a jumper lead/wire back to the start battery earth easily? Failing that fixing anything I’m running out of clues for you.

NavaraAus

They can also be fussy about earthing. Can you run a jumper lead/wire back to the start battery earth easily? Failing that fixing anything I’m running out of clues for you.
That was going to be my next task. I will have to get a nice long earth and run it back to the front.
Appreciate the help