Why dosn't this site have a trip report section?

teza h

Just been reading a guys post,needing info on up coming Fraser trip,my first thought was "why doesn't he have a read through relative threads????". Had a bit of a look myself and found that I didn't come up with much info at all. Although I have read many stories on Fraser trips, it's very hard to find anything at all. I think a trip report section is needed here, I have found this on other sites and it is so easy to see where people have travelled, the conditions at the time and pics of their travels tell a lot to the trip planner.Also it is most enjoyable reading people's trip reports. Thanks.
Teza H.

knot_gillty

Just been reading a guys post,needing info on up coming Fraser trip,my first thought was "why doesn't he have a read through relative threads????". Had a bit of a look myself and found that I didn't come up with much info at all. Although I have read many stories on Fraser trips, it's very hard to find anything at all. I think a trip report section is needed here, I have found this on other sites and it is so easy to see where people have travelled, the conditions at the time and pics of their travels tell a lot to the trip planner.Also it is most enjoyable reading people's trip reports. Thanks.
Teza H.

There is room there for it to be done in the Trips Section. I think it's more of a case of people actually sitting down and writing a report. I know i've been out on a few trips and got back and thought "Nah, i wont write a report this time".

teza h

Yes this is true BUT,having them in one place would be much easier to find info on travel and trips etc which we all seem to seek and love.

Last edited:

Pure Yobbo

There is room there for it to be done in the Trips Section. I think it's more of a case of people actually sitting down and writing a report. I know i've been out on a few trips and got back and thought "Nah, i wont write a report this time".

Why is that cause your pen stopped working!

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
tezza

that's the trips and gathering section is for.

if you look there are numerous trip reports in not only the general part of this section but all within the sub forums for each of the areas.

see here Trips & Gatherings - 4x4 Earth

Knackers

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks for the useful tips there Bek. Do you have any advice to offer on insurance?

Cheers
Knackers

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
Oh knackers where have you been ?

I've missed your subtle humour.

I also see you are keeping quiet this year

teza h

tezza

that's the trips and gathering section is for.

if you look there are numerous trip reports in not only the general part of this section but all within the sub forums for each of the areas.

see here Trips & Gatherings - 4x4 Earth

Yes I know this, an actual section just for trip reports is what I'm talking about.
It's such a huge part of what we do!!

rodw

Yes I know this, an actual section just for trip reports is what I'm talking about.
It's such a huge part of what we do!!

Another forum I am on has a Past trips forum so the members just add the trip report to there initial post and the mods move it into past trips when they get round to it. That way, they don't get lost and the Current Trips section is only the current and recently finished ones.

Just a thought.

red hilux

in the main forum, under trip gatherings you have a sub forum, your missing WA, but I suppose being on the west side makes us outcasts

Traveller

in the main forum, under trip gatherings you have a sub forum, your missing WA, but I suppose being on the west side makes us outcasts

Nah, you're not really outcasts mate, the sub-sections get added in as the need arises-the
forum evolves as time goes by, getting bigger all the time:D

Jok

Grumpy

red hilux if you or any other W.A people feel the need for a subsection to be for the Western Australians please feel free to ask Patriot to add it for u, As Jok said the forum is constantly growing and the need will arise for these new sections to be added, This also goes for any other state or for that matter area such as the Gippsland Sub forum became.
Cheers

red hilux

Nah, you're not really outcasts mate, the sub-sections get added in as the need arises-the
forum evolves as time goes by, getting bigger all the time:D

Jok

red hilux if you or any other W.A people feel the need for a subsection to be for the Western Australians please feel free to ask Patriot to add it for u, As Jok said the forum is constantly growing and the need will arise for these new sections to be added, This also goes for any other state or for that matter area such as the Gippsland Sub forum became.
Cheers

haha I was stirring a bit, its the old east coast west coat thing where WA misses out on most things