Who to vote for?

LongRoad2Go

Labor or Liberal: same menu, same trough. We pay, they play.

I tend to use all the numbers on the ballot paper, leading with a choice of the minor parties first and then my particular party of the day followed by the others in descending orders down to the nutjob ones. That way, they’ll need to continually negotiate on things - keep the A-holes ‘earning’ their money!

With THIS election however, I will be voting Labor simply because we’re now in a reconstruction stage across the economy and reckon they’re more broadly focused than the solely penny-counting Liberals. Also, Labor tends to have closer community ties than other parties because of the way they traditionally operate. They’re also more likely to review the pay/staffing levels for Nurses, Teachers and Aged Care Workers - those who worked hardest during the pandemic.

Although personalities shouldn’t be an issue in elections: I don’t particularly like Albo, but I detest Scotty-From-Marketing: missing in action on fires, floods, apparently the treatment of women, the dodgy religious thing, and the pandemic blame game - 'It's an issue for the States'! Now he's up for reelection, he's not missing-in-action ... funny that!

Corndoggy

Well I do want to see the Labor party win this election. Forget all the bulls**t political crap they all spout. The biggest thing will be that within a week of the Liberal/National party loss, ScoMo will be given the arse. Hopefully he will disappear off into the past, never to be heard of again. Taking in verything about politics, I have well and truly had enough of this Turkey, enough of his face, enough of his voice. But then he could be like mould, hard to get rid of, just keeps coming back. But with 5 weeks to go I might just take my block splitter to the TV set.

shanegtr

The past performance of the libs over the last few years is enough for me to say they need to be kicked out badly. I'm not interested at all in the election campaign and what either party promise - makes no difference as they will do a backflip on them at some point anyway. I'm not saying that Labour is far superior, just at the moment they appear like the less shit option.

Albynsw

Do you guys really think the Libs have done a bad job in the last few years? Or putting it another way do you think DJ Albo would of handled it any better?

Scomo has had plenty of cringeworthy moments and is an easy bloke to dislike but if you look past that and look at how the government as a whole has performed I think our country is in pretty good shape considering the circumstances
The fact that Labor has had very little to say during these troubled times tells me that they were not unhappy with how things were being handled either

Mick_Marsh

The watermelons that have infiltrated the workers party have shifted the focus from pro worker to 4wd hating anti worker.
Look at the heavy restrictions implemented in the Victorian forests by the Andrews government. That should give tou the direction of the ALP. Perhaps before putting "1" beside the ALP candidates name, you should be asking them about their policies and what they think about what other Labor leaders are doing.

Listening to "The Press Club" today, I heard the Labor speaker blaming the Federal Liberal government for puting Australia in the position of importing it's timber. Victorians know that is bullshit. It is the Andrews government's ban on timber harvesting that has caused this crisis of supply.

Krumpy

Do you guys really think the Libs have done a bad job in the last few years? Or putting it another way do you think DJ Albo would of handled it any better?

Scomo has had plenty of cringeworthy moments and is an easy bloke to dislike but if you look past that and look at how the government as a whole has performed I think our country is in pretty good shape considering the circumstances
The fact that Labor has had very little to say during these troubled times tells me that they were not unhappy with how things were being handled either
I think Albo might have done a bad job, I know Scomo did a bad job. That’s the difference for me.

Corndoggy

We will never know who did, who would have done better. Only thing for sure is, You will only think you know. And that is if you can get over your own political persuasions.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
It is logic that the Government in power has to take full responsibility for the bad things that happen.
If it was the manager of a business he would probably get the sack or the business would go down.
Difference is we the public keep paying the bills .
So it comes down to what is it exactly that the ruling Government has done for the good of everyone.

Mick_Marsh

It is logic that the Government in power has to take full responsibility for the bad things that happen.
If it was the manager of a business he would probably get the sack or the business would go down.
Difference is we the public keep paying the bills .
So it comes down to what is it exactly that the ruling Government has done for the good of everyone.
And what you believe the government will do for the good of everyone.

It's interesting how you say "the public keep paying the bills". The "public" gets fined if they don't pay the bills (i.e. their taxes).

John U

Bit late to this.

All anyone can ask is that every voter considers
- what policies all parties intend to implement
- what policies all parties say they intend to implement but have no intention of implementing?
- how will the combination of the above benefit all Australians for the long and short term?
- what kind of world will the above leave for the future?

Get informed by a number of different but ‘known to be’ reliable sources before voting.
Avoid using commercial news, News Ltd, Fairfax and Facebook as your sole source of information before voting.

Australia would be a better place if everyone was well informed before voting.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just so I can decide who to vote for can anyone confirm if ScoMo's policy includes free Chinese speaking and writing course?
Just that when Chinese war ships dock in the Solomen Islands it appears that crews are invited to disembark and will be welcomed by the islanders.
Maybe some of the crew will get a tourist visa to visit Queensland.
How clever of Scomo and his Home Affairs/ Defence personal to go along with this.
Did someone say,
Did not seeing this one coming ?"
"Finger on the pulse?"
"Looking after Australia's security?"
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

cam04

Labour wants to raid your superanuation - that's all I need to hear. Comrade Albo can keep his mitts off mine, and my parent's.

John U

Just so I can decide who to vote for can anyone confirm if ScoMo's policy includes free Chinese speaking and writing course?
Just that when Chinese war ships dock in the Solomen Islands it appears that crews are invited to disembark and will be welcomed by the islanders.
Maybe some of the crew will get a tourist visa to visit Queensland.
How clever of Scomo and his Home Affairs/ Defence personal to go along with this.
Did someone say,
Did not seeing this one coming ?"
"Finger on the pulse?"
"Looking after Australia's security?"
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
The lnp have cut foreign aid, enthusiastically, since 2013. Something about ‘look after home first’. The Solomon’s is one of the costs of these cuts.

John U

Labour wants to raid your superanuation - that's all I need to hear. Comrade Albo can keep his mitts off mine, and my parent's.
Really? Based on what evidence from where? Sounds illogical given ALP created compulsory super and have pushed to increase it, while LNP have constantly undermined it and stopped increases.

Plus, Indue Card for pensioners is highly likely if LNP re-elected.