Who to vote for?

peterfermtech

With such a network all over the countryside it would be more efficient to directly charge the electric vehicles than converting the electricity to hydrogen.
Australia Post takes long enough to deliver as it is. Imagine if we have to wait for the truck driver to have 5 saunas and a workout in the gym on his way from Brisbane to Melbourne.

hiluxxury

Finkle understands hydrogen and he was very good at lobbying his best mate Turnbull a couple of years ago to get it going. Taylor (yes a personal bias, not political) needed something quickly when the then gov needed a quick way to get to net zero without upsetting their donors. Finkles work was being pursued by the department in the background as part of the future energy mix. Taylor looked up some marginal seats, took finkles work and there we have the hubs.

Of course the states are willing - its easy money from the feds.

Ron0z

In my younger days I supported the concept of independents
Curiously, in my younger days, I would never have considered voting for an independent, but in recent years I'm more willing to go for an independent candidate if they seem okay. But way back then there may not have been so many independents around. It would have been so much harder for them to get their messages out before the internet was a thing. The main Parties also tend to bully their own members into voting as a unit, despite individuals having differing views, and that stinks.

The ACT will elect ALP because that seems to be our history in this town. But there's an independent Senate candidate standing who's got my vote. He probably won't get anywhere, but I want to encourage him. That's where 2nd and 3rd preferences are really useful.

boobook

I have been pondering voting for greens since the Libs have been disappointing with the environment, Labour are no better with too much other baggage. plus no independent was credible.

Even when I was entering the polling area at the booth I was undecided for the first time ever. I stopped and chatted with the Green representative who inadvertatly convinced me I should not harbour any more thoughts on my voting green. They will destroy businesses and people's rights against criminals and dope heads.

What was I thinking?

Mick_Marsh

I believe, any Greens voters have no right to participate in any 4WD group.
The Greens are intent on shutting down our chosen pass time.

Ron0z

I believe, any Greens voters have no right to participate in any 4WD group.
The Greens are intent on shutting down our chosen pass time.
I've voted Green for years. I've also just bought my first 4WD, and I'm itching to get out and onto a few tracks. I want to be able to drive through a forest rather than just look at it from the highway. I want to be able to camp in place with a view and be able to hear nothing but the wind and the sound of a stream gurgling past.

There are extremists in every political spectrum. And not every Greenie is an extremist. Far from it.

When I take my 4X4 onto some track that I'd never attempt with my street car it's not be because I've changed my world view. It'll be because I want to experience the country you've been enjoying for years. It's a pass time I'm looking forward to experiencing.

Mick_Marsh

I've voted Green for years. I've also just bought my first 4WD, and I'm itching to get out and onto a few tracks. I want to be able to drive through a forest rather than just look at it from the highway. I want to be able to camp in place with a view and be able to hear nothing but the wind and the sound of a stream gurgling past.

There are extremists in every political spectrum. And not every Greenie is an extremist. Far from it.

When I take my 4X4 onto some track that I'd never attempt with my street car it's not be because I've changed my world view. It'll be because I want to experience the country you've been enjoying for years. It's a pass time I'm looking forward to experiencing.
I notice you are from the ACT.
The Green influence in Victoria are shutting all the forests.

Ron0z

Not everyone's ideology. There are folks who get on the bandwagon over some issue but fail to take in the big picture.

I don't want to get into an environmental argument, but here's an example that comes to mind. Not so much now, but for years there was a push not to burn eucalypt forests. As though they were sacred things. The notion of protecting the trees at all costs was wrong. The litter built up, the fire burnt hotter when they eventually did burn, and that prevented new growth. The recent fires we've had were so hot that the land has effectively been sterilised in some areas: plants, animals, insects, microbiology - all gone. The weeds are okay, though.

It seems like you should try and fight back in Victoria. Lobby a few politicians. Letters to the editor. Maybe even invite some on a camping trip to try and balance the arguments.

discomatt

The heat of the bush fires is more to do with global warming, back burning removes composting forest litter, reduces moisture retention and increases fire risk over the long term

boobook

I notice you are from the ACT.
The Green influence in Victoria are shutting all the forests.

Who is the BUGU? Who runs it? That page looks like the same ranters from the Bendigo protest. A couple of horse riders and miners say they represent everyone.

I think that is some fringe rant group by trying to find out who they are.

Does anyone here know who they actually are?

Mick_Marsh

It seems like you should try and fight back in Victoria. Lobby a few politicians. Letters to the editor. Maybe even invite some on a camping trip to try and balance the arguments.
Yep. We've been doing that for years.
Regularly communicating with Lilly. Often dropping in to see my local state MP who refuses to see me.
I know lots of people who oppose the VEAC recommendations and voice their concerns.

Mick_Marsh

Who is the BUGU? Who runs it? That page looks like the same ranters from the Bendigo protest. A couple of horse riders and miners say they represent everyone.

You need to get out more.

cam04

the greens need a 3% swing in my seat so they are working hard. I actually think they have the best policy with regards brumbys in the high country - shoot them.
Locally, I let them in for a chat but when pressed on policy all I got was taxing billionaires and building lots of public housing.
Billionaires generally employ lots of people and they don’t volunteer free money to governments lightly.

John U

My guess is pro logging, pro alpine grazing group.