Who takes a WeberQ?

mac_man_luke

Yea i dont like carrying gas in my canopy and no where external to carry it, bit dearer (or messing around to refill) but easier/safer when away

Drewswb

A bottle gets me a weekend away including a roast. Why? Portability, speed, ease of use. Being stored inside a gullwing on a camper, I either have to pay for another bayonet fitting to be installed or have to install a T piece to feed the stove and BBQ each time I open and close the lid, so the Coleman gas is the path of least resistance. I can also pick it up and take it anywhere (roasting on a park table etc is pretty common. I have refill adapters so cost isn’t an issue.
the bayonet male fittings are killing me Joycoola,Anex Heater , Fridge, BBQ and by the time you get adapters to change the hose size you end up with more fittings than a made in China submarine

im in the middle of deciding whether to get a Baby Q Premium for camping or a 2 burner gas stove to replace my older butane stove
I have a family Q premium for home use, the weber is great, but also dear... would make for some great camp cooking though

very cheap!
about $70 dearer at tentworld
heard its very uneven with heat, but it is almost $300 cheaper than the weber baby q premium

Drewswb

Ours has been out in the weather for 12 months its still alive, just convenient where it is saves digging out the Weber. The flame is funky so you have to fiddle a bit, accross the plate its reasonably even other than that it works fine

Attachments

Corndoggy

If your the type to worry or want to comply with regulations and rules, there is a lot going on with fixed gas appliances, non fixed gas appliances that are connected to permanent gas systems on caravans, campers etc, using bayonet fittings. Depending on interpretation, this makes your bbq illegal to connect to the bayonet unless the bbq has flame protection on all gas burners for loss of flame.

andreajane

9 out of 10 trips the plate stays put. I have converted mine to run on Coleman gas bottles and one of them on the hose coils up on the plate also. No i don’t fix the lid down. I have straps that run around the feet. That way it is ready to use immediately. I use it a lot on the road.
Sorry to bring up an old thread but just wondering what you used to convert it to the Coleman bottles? We're thinking of doing this too. Thanks!

cam04

Sorry to bring up an old thread but just wondering what you used to convert it to the Coleman bottles? We're thinking of doing this too. Thanks!
I have forgotten the name of the second adapter. There are 2 which I screwed together. First is POL - 3/8th, then 3/8 to “Coleman bottle” - it has a technical name. I bought the bits at Bunnings I believe. It all goes on the end of the hose and fits in the hot plate under the lid neatly for transport. I’ll have a look for correct part names.

edit: found it - BOM to 3/8 is the other one. Here’s a link

Attachments

Last edited:

Bomber2012

I have forgotten the name of the second adapter. There are 2 which I screwed together. First is POL - 3/8th I believe, then 3/8 to “Coleman bottle” - it has a technical name. I bought the bits at Bunnings I believe. It all goes on the end of the hose and fits in the hot plate under the lid neatly for transport. I’ll have a look for correct part names.
Great idea @cam04 , dragging along the 9kg bottle is a hassle , this would be heaps better . Interested to find out which parts you used and how long does the coleman bottle last ?

MrPoopypants

I have forgotten the name of the second adapter. There are 2 which I screwed together. First is POL - 3/8th, then 3/8 to “Coleman bottle” - it has a technical name. I bought the bits at Bunnings I believe. It all goes on the end of the hose and fits in the hot plate under the lid neatly for transport. I’ll have a look for correct part names.

edit: found it - BOM to 3/8 is the other one. Here’s a link

Good one, hadn't seen this adapaptor. I do run my buddy heater off a big bottle and refill the Colemans with an ebay adaptor. Nice easy system with refillable Colemans. Have to get one of these. Thanks.
Cheers
PP