Who takes a WeberQ?

cam04

Got them in one. My stove is the 4 burner (the three is the pick of them with electronic ignition and better spacing). The sink is the one with the drainboard. There is a flip up flick mixer in there too. And they say MDC's are all chinese!! haha.

hodgo

I love my weber family Q
so much that I bought a baby q to take camping

only thing tho, the baby struggles to get up to the searing temps of its larger version reaching only 350F compared to the 500F of the big one
it does a slow roast if you've got the time, but cooking steaks as you do with the family Q is not as successful
I've tried swapping hose/regulators from the big one and cleaning the jet to no avail the air mix is ok, nice blue flame

anybody know what the jet size should be or if its got a number stamped on it

cheers

cam04

I love my weber family Q
so much that I bought a baby q to take camping

only thing tho, the baby struggles to get up to the searing temps of its larger version reaching only 350F compared to the 500F of the big one
it does a slow roast if you've got the time, but cooking steaks as you do with the family Q is not as successful
I've tried swapping hose/regulators from the big one and cleaning the jet to no avail the air mix is ok, nice blue flame

anybody know what the jet size should be or if its got a number stamped on it

cheers
Get straight onto Weber Australia via the website. They have the best aftersales of any company I have dealt with. They will sort it.

cam04

Wow !
three cheers for Weber australia
they take aftersale service to a new level
new hose,regulator & valve are on their way from SA
thanks for your help Cam04
They don’t muck about. Glad to have helped. Paying it forward, someone told me to contact them when my 7 yo baby q plate started rusting. Latest non stick cast plate showed up within 2 days. I couldn’t believe the service. I also have a baby q and a 2200. Best ever bbqs.

hodgo

They don’t muck about. Glad to have helped. Paying it forward, someone told me to contact them when my 7 yo baby q plate started rusting. Latest non stick cast plate showed up within 2 days. I couldn’t believe the service. I also have a baby q and a 2200. Best ever bbqs.
my family Q has rust spots on the grill plates
I thought i'd give them a ring last nite and run it past them

I quoted the serial no. and they told me it was 6 months out of warranty
but thats ok, she said, we will send you new plates straight away
I got an email this morning saying they had been dispatched and this is the tracking no.

Webers are the best and so is their after sales service

boobook

OK, I've arrived at this beautiful, remote campsite, surrounded by dead wood and it's nearly dinner time.

I know what I will do, I'll get that bulky Webber Q out that has been taking up all the space in my fourby, and cook on Liquid PETROL gas.

Ahhhhh nothing better than a bbq cooked over LPG in the middle of the bush. I just wish people wouldn't leave wood and fireplaces all over the place. I wonder what they are for. It just doesn't look trendy cooking on dirt with messy hot coals. Smokey, awful stuff. Yuck.

I wonder what the city apartment people are doing right now? I know. I'll take a selfie with the Q in it, and show them what real living is.

cam04

Or you've just arrived at 6 pm, the kids are hungry and the trailer isn't up yet. I carry a snowpeak fireplace as well but the amount of places we can have a fire in SEQ is minimal at best. But you know, whatever, I certainly don't need nor want to justify what I do. Not sure I'd be heard from that far up an ivory tower anyway?

mcflurry

Since buying a WeberQ for our trips we have eaten like absolute kings. There's honestly nothing you can't cook on them. Some nights even filo pastries done in Tin foil works a treat!

Tink

Exactly, try doing that ^^^^^, and a lot of the cooking we do when camping, on an uncontrollable open fire.
I too have a Snowpeak firepit and reckon they are brilliant. Same as I reckon my Weber is brilliant. I more often than not have a fire going but prefer to cook on the Weber for consistency and ease.
Tink

LurchWA

Love the Webers.
Have had the middle size for years, used it at home & on the road and recently scored a used Baby Q for the camper trailer.
I wouldnt trade mine for anything, brilliant bit of kit in my opinion.

Petunia

uncontrollable open fire.
I'm negotiating one long handle shovel with sawn off handle, and one spare.

I cant find Harry Buttler cooking his steak on his shovel. Man can Control fire, its an ''art'' handed down from the gods themselves. I have done the camper trailer, cast iron, etc. These days if it is bulky, or heavy, its gone, no one sponsors me on walkabout for diesel, or gives me freebies, and I'm not towing a trailor.